My perfume collection


I thought I would share with you my perfume collection. I have quite a few, but strangely enough I have only purchased one of these myself. The rest were given to me as gifts. This is a little bit late up than would of liked but I'm on holiday and you know how hard it is to keep track of what day it is when you away. Anyway let's get into this.

Because I have quite a few perfumes I like to split them seasonally and I also keep a couple just for work too. They tend to be the ones that I don’t like as much so id rather use them up  at work rather than using one of my favourites up for work. This means I get to use all my perfumes all the time rather than neglecting them.

So lets start with the ones I wear for work. I have two, one for summer and one for winter. The one I wear for the colder months is the Marc Jacobs Dot. This was bought for me for christmas about 4 years ago, I started to wear it for work because it wasn’t getting used and I felt quite sad for it to have been sat there collecting dust. I don’t wear it to work because I dislike it, its just that I have others that I love more. This perfume is described as a lush, juicy floral scent. With the top notes of this perfume being red berries dragon fruit and honeysuckle it is a sweet perfume but the base notes of this include vanilla, driftwood and musk. So although it’s a sweet fruity perfume that hint of musk that comes through makes it more wearable for me in the winter and doesn’t make the sweetness of the fruit scents overly sickly. I also love the bottle for this, it basically looks like a lady bird. All Marc Jacobs perfume bottles are really pretty.

Marc Jacobs Daisy is the perfume I wear for work in the warmer months. This has to be my least favourite perfume in my collection. It was bought for me thinking that it was the one I loved which is daisy eau so fresh. This is described as a sunny, pure and free-spirited fragrance. It has top notes of strawberry which should make it sweet smelling, which if you can tell already I do prefer sweet perfumes over floral. I personally don’t think I can smell the sweetness from the strawberry, when I smell this I do think more summer time hence why I wear it in the summer. But the smell kind of reminds me of a floral bubble bath, which is why I'm not so keen on it. The bottle again is beautiful, it’s a clear glass bottle with white and gold daises as the lid.

Next I will go through my winter fragrances. The first one is Benefits Laugh with me lee lee. This is my second bottle of this, the first one was bought for me by my husbands dad and I didn’t really know much about benefit perfumes. I knew they had them, but its not something that I was crazy over needing to smell. So when I got this I was intrigued to try it and was surprised that I loved it straight away. So much that I mentioned that I was sad that it had run out in front of some family members when we were talking about what perfumes we like, and they actually bought me it for my last years birthday which was so sweet of them to remember. This is described as being a woody floral scent that’s flirty and feminine. There is some fruitiness to this scent with the top notes being melon and citrus but the middle and the base notes are musky floral scents like black violet, amber, jasmine and blonde wood. So this has a slight sweetness about it but its majorly musky scented. Which for the winter I love, to me it just smells of warmth if you know what I mean. The packaging and the bottle are super cute, the bottle looks like a gold cocktail shaker and there is oriental label design around the bottle. The box it comes in, I have kept because it looks like a little house and well it just houses the perfume so perfectly :)


Prada Candy Florale is in my winter scent but that’s mainly because I was given it at christmas and really liked the scent so I've been wearing it most days were I'm not at work. I think for me this is one of those winter into spring /spring into summer kind of perfumes. As its not overly sweet its not overly musky is just in between which is what makes it such a nice transitional perfume. Id never smelt this before, my husband went and picked this all by himself. He does do really well when picking out fragrances for me, he know what scents I like. Its described as being a light spring like scent that’s powdery with a whisper of warmth and sensuality. Its top note is limoncello (yummy), so heres the sweet part with middle notes of peony giving it its spring like scent. Lastly base notes are musk, benzoin and caramel, which gives it the muskiness and warmness to the scent. The bottle is clear with a pink band on the top saying Prada in gold. The spray part is white and gold, this is the annoying part to this perfume. It doesn’t have a lid so you cant really take this perfume out with you as you run the risk of spraying this in your bag without realising.

My last winter scent is the one I wear on evenings out. It’s the Thierry Mugler Alien. I had smelt this when my step dad brought me and my sister home a sample pack of perfumes by Thierry Mugler. As soon as I smelt this it went straight onto my christmas list, I loved it, its such a sexy smelling fragrance. Its described as being the ultimate expression of femininity wrapped in a veil of sensuality. Its got rich floral notes mixed with warm and sensual ones that just make this a perfect evening winter perfume for me. The bottle is amazing too, its like a purple gem with gold detailing. The bottle again isn't one you can take away with you because there is no lid to this bottle.

Onto summer perfumes, I have two of these one is for day to day wear and the other is for summer evenings/going out. Marc Jacobs Daisy eau so fresh is my summer day to day perfume. They describe this scent as being vibrant, charming and whimsical. Its said to be the spirited new version of the original daisy that transports you to a place that’s happy and sunny. I would actually go as far assaying that description is bang on. When I smell this perfume I do instantly think summer and I feel happy when I smell this. The top notes are all fruity, they are raspberry, grapefruit and pear. The middle notes are wild rose, violet (which is the same as original daisy) and apple blossom. The Base notes are plum, cedar wood and musk. This has so many fruity notes to it, which is why I probably love it and the hint musk gives is that sexy kick. What can I say, Im just a fruity musky scented girl. Personally I don’t think this smells anything like the original daisy and the fact that the only note that is the same in the original daisy is the violet. Original daisy is much simpler with only have 3 notes to it where  eau so fresh has much more notes to it, most of which are light fruity notes. The bottle is extremely similar to the original daisy the only difference is that the daisies on top are not just white and gold but there is also yellow and pink too.

The last perfume in my collection and probably my most favourite out of all of my perfumes is Cartier baiser vole lys rose. This is the only perfume I have bought myself, I bought this in the airport before we went to vegas and Hawaii. Which is probably one of the reasons I love it so much as it remind me of our holiday. Its described as powdery and delicate. Crystallised petals of pink lily are combined with subtle touches or raspberry which give is the delicate fruity floral scent. Every time I smells this it makes me smile, I also think this has a slightly sexy smell to it. I usually wear this for summer evenings out or on holiday. The bottle is quite simple looking but still pretty, its clear glass where the perfume is. The bottom part where there is no product is a pink glass that sends a pink ombre effect up the bottle. The top is silver with cartier engraved in it. The top opens up like a flip lighter and there is a big push down spray.

I hope you have enjoyed looking into my perfume collection. If you have any recommendations that you think I might like based on these then let me know.

ReRe 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me