Skincare Haul

I don't even remember the last time I bought any skincare, its not that I don't care about keeping my skin in good condition. But when your subscribed to a couple of beauty boxes you end up getting quite a lot of skincare minis, so I've been working my way through them and testing all of that out. There's been one brand I've been wanting to try out for quite some time now, but I wanted to make sure I used up some skincare minis before I did. This brand has had quite a lot of hype over the last year or so, especially because its so affordable and has great results. Of course I'm talking about The Ordinary skincare by Deciem. I first heard about this brand through Fleur De Force and since then I've not stopped hearing great things about it. 

After I'd finally used up quite a few of the crazy amount of skincare miniatures, I went on Asos and placed an order for some of The Ordinary skincare. I ended up buying three skincare items and one beauty product. I did want a fourth skincare product called Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, its been out of stock for weeks now on Asos but I'll keep patiently waiting. 

The three skincare items I did buy were.....


This serum is all about keeping skin hydrated. 
I have combination skin, which can be very annoying so I'm hoping this can put some moisture back into my skin and stop my skin looking so dull.



This tackles multiple signs of ageing all at once and has 11 skin-friendly amino acids. 
Turning 27 has made me aware that I need to be looking after my skin more and that if I want to look younger for longer, then prevention is the key. Hopefully this will help keep my skin looking youthful.


Rich in linolenic acid and pro-vitamin A, which reduce signs of photo-ageing and many other skin conditions. 
I wanted to use a nourishing oil at bedtime to really hydrate my skin, but also use one that will help keep signs of ageing at bay.


The beauty product I picked up was the....


A light-weight serum formula that helps to avoid unnatural and uneven make-up application especially around the eyes and on dry skin. 
My nose, forehead and sometimes my cheeks too can get dry and just lately I've noticed my foundation isn't sitting well on my skin. Once this skincare starts working I may find I have no use for this primer. But I think this will be a great addition to my primers, for days where your having a bad skin day.

On Asos you can now get the foundations, once my shade comes back in stock I'm going to be trying out the serum foundation. 

I wanted a new eye product and desperately wanted one that targets ageing, that's the one place I've really noticed fine lines appearing. I decided to have a look into Deciem's other brands and came across Hylamide. I ended up finding an eye product that had great reviews on it, even Caroline Hirons the skincare guru had wrote about this product....


This high strength serum helps reduce visible darkness under the eyes, eye sagging, dynamic lines and helps to tighten the under-eye area.
This line is more expensive than The Ordinary line, but I did manage to find it on offer at boots at the time. It should have been £27 but I managed to get it for £18. I would rather spend a bit more money on this area of my face though, due to me already seeing some ageing around my eyes already and after reading the reviews I was pretty confident that this would be a great product.

While I was perusing the Boots website I thought I would check out what other bits were on offer. I came across the Soap & Glory face masks which are quite new out. I've not tried them yet, but they were on buy one get one half price so I decided to buy two of them and try them out.....


A peel off mask that de-clogs pores and purifies skin.
I love peel off masks, they are my favourite type of mask. My nose and chin area are looking particularly clogged up at the moment, so I'm looking forward to trying this out.


An eye mask that soothes, revitalises, brightens and moisturises the eye area. 
I thought this could be a great mask to have on hand and use before special occasions. I got this mask half price so it only cost £1.75.

I'll let you know how I get on with my new skincare once I've really had chance to try it out. 

Have you tried any of the Deciem products? If you have what have you enjoyed using?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me