Concealer


I decided to test out my concealers to see which one in my stash really does what I want it to do. I think that a great concealer is one that can be applied to your face in the areas you most need it, and make you feel confident enough to be able to skip the foundation and go out and face the day.

These are the ones I have in my stash that I have been road testing.

Collection lasting perfection concealer £4.19 - im sure it was 2.99 when i bought the prodict though but the brand seems to have been rebranded as there no longer known as collection 2000 just collection.

As you can see it does conceal the tired eyes and blemishes very well. It’s creamy in consistency and blends very easily, as long as you blend as applied. Packaging is a very basic tube with a wand, I will warn you though the black writing on the product will wear off after a few uses as you can see that mine has.  It states that it lasts up to 16hrs; I can tell you that it does not last that long at all barely 7 hours. You can probably get about 5 hours wear out of this concealer as it starts to crease and look a bit weird on the skin, but its small enough to throw in your bag to do quick touch ups with  it throughout the day. Overall I think it’s a good concealer for the price and would recommend this even though you would have to do a few touch ups as it conceals so well.

7/10

 



I don’t think this conceals as well as the collection one but it’s more of a highlighter concealer, so as you can see my face looks a lot brighter and awake with the concealer than the collection one. This product blends well its very creamy. The packaging is pen like with a brush for a nib so you can blend it out slightly with the product before the final blend with either a brush or fingers. This is a product that I think works well with a good concealer to make the under eye area look more refreshed and awake. It’s a perfect product to throw in your makeup bag or handbag to use throughout the day when you’re feeling a bit tired and need a pick me up.

7/10

 


I’ve always looked at this concealer and wanted to try it just because of the sponge applicator, so not long ago I bit the bullet and finally bought it. As you can see this product conceals and brightens, but it doesn’t conceal as well as the collection or the one I’m going to talk about next. The concealer blends so quickly it’s effortless. I’m unsure about the applicator though as I was hoping to blend the product out with it but it just spreads more of the product around. A quick dabbing with the fingers though and it blends perfectly. The applicator also doesn’t seem to be that hygienic as you’re not able to clean it, so the bacteria is going to be collecting on that. Although that being said I do think it’s one of the better concealers that I’ve used. There is also a massive bonus to this product with that it also has anti aging properties in it. Concealing your eyes and making sure they stay young, that a massive bonus for my eyes.

8/10 if it didn’t have the anti ageing in for the eyes then it would have been a 7

 


This product I have a love hate relationship with, this is because you have to really put some effort into blending this product out. If it’s not warmed enough it can drag on the skin so its best blended with fingers to heat it up so it becomes a lovely creamy texture. Once you do get this blended it does look amazing as you can see and it really does erase all signs of tiredness and blemishes. I also think you will agree that this is the best concealer out of all the ones in my stash. This is not a good product to use on areas that are dry as it does cake a little to the dry areas so make sure you moisturise well. The packaging on this product looks a little more high-end and so it should for the price but it’s not very practical as it can be quite hard to get the product out especially if you lose the mini spatula it came with, as I don’t want to be sticking my finger in there. So I find that I have to use a brush to get the product out to apply it to the back of my hand to warm it up with my fingers before finally getting to apply it to my face. Yes I know that’s quite a bit of product wastage. This is a product that I would probably save for those days when you feel at your worst or for a special occasion where you want to look great and have it stay in place all day.

9/10 – I would have given a 10 but it’s just so darn annoying to blend in sometimes.

 

Personally I like each one for different reasons for those mornings where you don’t have a lot of time I like using the Maybelline eye eraser as it’s effortless and quick to blend. If I have more time but I’m not going anywhere special then I like to use collection concealer along with Maybelline dream touch lumi as I know the collection one covers well and the Maybelline lumi one awakens the eyes more. If I’m wanting long lasting concealer for a special event/evening out then I would definitely reach for benefits erase paste.
What concealers do you rate and are there any ones that you think do an even better job that i should try?
 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me