Fashion Friday - Fashion haul part 1 - clothing


Welcome to the first fashion Friday, every Friday I will be doing a post fashion related. I hope you enjoy.

I’ve been meaning to do a fashion haul for a few months now, I had the photos taken but always seemed to focus more on the makeup posts then getting this one up. So as you can imagine I have collected quite a few fashion items over these past few months to show you. I’ve decided to split them into two posts otherwise this could go on for a while so this one will be the clothing and the second one will be shoes and accessories.

The first couple of items I bought when I went to Norfolk for the weekend with my mum to visit friends. So I wasn’t going to pass up the chance to go into Norwich and do some shopping. We didn’t get a lot of time to go round the shops but I managed to visit a few shops that we don’t have in our shopping centre.

The first shop we visited was Debenhams. I didn’t particularly have anything in mind that I wanted to buy other than bright things as all I seem to have in my wardrobe is black, white, grey and navy (BORING!!) so I wanted to give my wardrobe a little bit more life for spring summer. This skirt from the department Quiz caught my eye it’s so bright and summery I just had to try it on. I already knew the skater skirt style would suit me as it nips me in to give me a waist and flares out to hide any insecurity you may have with the belly.

This was only £19.99 so I was pretty pleased with that as it felt quite thick material too. This also came in a off the shoulder body con dress and I also believe that this print came in a top too. I know I will get lots of wear out of this during the summer and can also pair it with some tights on those not so hot days. I’ve already worn it out and have had many complements on it so I’m very pleased with my purchase. We do actually have a quiz in my local shopping centre it recently took over Jane Norman but I’ve never really checked it out so I think I will be popping in to see what else they have to offer.

The next shop I visited was Zara, I always see lots of things I like but never end up buying anything. But after trying this skirt on I had to buy it (I think I was really into skirts on this shopping trip). As you can see it’s a bodycon kind of skirt but it has a sort of peplum flap to it, which is what caught my eye as it’s different to anything I own. It’s white with what I’d say to be electric blue stripes, although the blue looks a lot darker on the photo.

I don’t know about you guys but when I find something I really like the look of I do a little dance, well that what I did when I tried this on. I wasn’t sure it was going to look right as I’m not into the whole bodycon thing I’m a bit too self conscious to wear those, but the lines going in different directions and the kind of peplum flap flattered my shape and got me doing my little dance. This was £25.99, again I know I will get quite a bit of wear out of this as I can glam it up with an electric blue top and some heels or make it more causal by pairing it with a relaxed t-shirt (I have in my mind some sort of white slogan top).

My next little shopping spree happened quite recently. The husband said that he would treat me to some clothes as he wanted to get some his self. Now I wasn’t going to pass that up was I?

The first place we visited was Primark as he wanted some cheap t-shirts and I wanted some cheap vest tops. I decided on getting the stretch vest in three different colours, as there only £2.50 and can go with all sorts. I got the turquoise and pink one to go with the floral skater skirt above from quiz, I also know I have a skirt from River Island that they will also go amazing with. I picked the blue one up as it matches the blue in my skirt above from Zara.

I don’t see the point in getting expensive vests as I know Primark’s ones fit lovely, wash nice and come in lots of different colours. There cheap enough to get a few of them too.


Then we went onto new look I ended up getting three clothing items from here. The first item is this lovely tropical print playsuit. It’s very soft and stretchy, which it needs to be as there is only a single button on the back that you can undo to get into this item. This is only £19.99 which I thought was fab, it’s by a brand called Mizumi which is one of the little boutique style brands they sell in store. 
This will be perfect for summer with the fun print and I know if it rains I can paid it with some tights and my leather jacket to keep a bit warmer.

The second item I got was this little tie top that gives the impression that it’s a shirt. It has a blue floral pattern with a cream crochet piece around the bust and strap area.
I thought that this would be perfect to throw on with some jeans when it’s not so warm or some shorts when the weathers nice. It’s one of them tops that you can just throw on and look great. This was only £14.99 and I can’t wait to wear it.

The last clothing item I got from new look is this gorgeous floral fringe kimono. It’s got lots of pretty colours in it. It feels soft and silky; it is polyester though not actual silk but who cares when it feels darn good and looks so pretty. I’m so in love with the pink fringe too.
This was £24.99. I think this will look great with any one of the three vests I bought from Primark with some jeans on not so nice days and shorts on the very nice days.
That’s everything for the clothing I have got recently. I’ve updated my wardrobe with a lot of bright pretty things and can’t wait to wear them all. Watch out for part 2 shoes and accessories.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me