Blogmas Day 3 - Trimming Up

Putting up the Christmas decorations is the first part of getting in the festive spirit! If you've seen the previous years blogmas posts, then you'll know that me and Paul started a tradition of going to Costa before we put our trimmings up. We like to get a festive drink and some festive food, to get our energy levels up for the shuffle around of furniture and Christmas decorating.

This year I we didn't get a sandwich like the previous years, as we'd already eaten but I did get a coffee and cake. Caffeine and sugar are definitely needed for the energy levels. I went for the salted caramel cappuccino like last year, which is so delicious and I wish they did it all year round. I love anything caramel! The cake I got was the chocolate and hazelnut shimmer cake. It has layers of chocolate and hazelnut sponge, with caramel and gianduja frosting. Oh wow the cake was delicious and I'm definitely going to need to have another slice of that before Decembers over. The top part of that cake which I'm guessing was the gianduja frosting tasted exactly like the middle of a Ferrero Rocher. 

Once we were buzzing with caffeine and sugar it was time to bring all the Christmas decorations down stairs and get the festive tunes on. This year we've got a new couch in the living room, which takes up a lot more space than our old one. So before we could get started putting the decorations up, we had to do a bit of rearranging the room. We knew the only place our tree would fit this year, was were the chaise longue sits. So we moved that into the couch area, which at first made the area look over crowded and I didn't like it. But now I'm used to it, I love it and think it feels more cosy. I also had to move the console table that usually sits next to the chaise longue and place it behind the couch, which I actually really love and it might stay there after Christmas.

When we'd finished moving our furniture around to accommodate the rather large tree, (which I got at a complete bargain price a couple of years ago) we could finally start assembling the tree. The tree we've got is one of those ones you have to assemble branch by branch, it takes a little longer but its worth it. Paul helps with all of that and then he also helps put the lights on the tree with me, so I don't get the lights all taffled up. Paul last jobs are putting the tinsel on the tree and placing the star on the top. He then leaves me to place the baubles on the tree and place the other decorations around the room. This is the part that gets boring for him, as I take quite a while perfecting where I want things. 

Even though we've not bought any new decorations this year, not even a new bauble (I just haven't seen anything I like this year) I really love how its all turned out and I think this year is the best its looked for Christmas.

Have you bought any new decorations this year? Or is it your first Christmas in your own home and you've had to buy everything?

ReRe

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for Blogmas day 4!

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin to keep up to date with all things blog related.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me