Soap and glory makeup review


I'm really loving soap and glory as brand. I was first captured by the brand with a love for there bath and body products. There body wash products smell amazing, foam up great and leave you feeling squeaky clean. The body butters are highly moisturising, they melt into your skin and well they just smell amazing.

Their skincare line however I'm not a huge fan of. I tried one of their moisturisers ages ago and it didn’t really feel right on my skin or do much for it, I think it was the 7 in 1 daily moisturiser. They probably don’t even do it any more. Ive also tried there no clogs allowed self heating pore detox mask. I didn’t get on with that either as it takes a lot of rubbing it into your skin to even start the heating up process, my skin never looked less clogged either. The last skincare product that I tried was the ultimelt deep purifying hot cloth cleanser, this one wasn’t so bad. It did the job, but I really didn’t get on with the smell of it. I also wanted a cleanser that was gentle enough to use on the eyes too. They have however really updated there skincare line since I last tried it, so I should really try out some of there newer products to see if there any better. 

It took me a while to realise they had a makeup line. I finally tried something on my journey to find a liquid pen liner that didn’t dry out in two months. Ive tried many of there products, liners, a mascara, brow products, powder, blusher, bronzer and eye shadow.

The super cat liner has become a favourite of mine and I always have a back up on hand. This liner lasts between 7 to 8 months which is amazing  considering I use it everyday. The smoulder kohl I find is also a great liner, it smudges well but when it dries it stays put. Its waterproof, super black and is a really creamy liner.

The translucent powder (one heck of a blot) keeps your face from being shiny all day and sets my makeup perfectly. Ive tried one of their bronzers, the solar powder. This is supposed to give you a sun-kissed look. I do like it and I do think it gives you a nice look, but I find I have to be a little bit heavy handed with it to get some colour out of it. Which I kind of don’t mind as you get to build up your sun-kissed look rather than try and blend out the crazy bronzer streak. The blusher I tried is the love at first blush. It’s a shimmer blush that works as a highlighter. It’s a lovely rose gold colour that has great pigmentation. You can use it swirled together or just the white part to highlight and the pink part for blusher.

The mascara I own is the thick and fast. I really like the brush one side is shorter which is great for building volume and the other is longer which helps with length and separation. The formula isn't drying on the lashes and it doesn't flake. The only problem I have with this is that it can be hard to budge at the the end of the day.

There archery brow tint and pencil, is also another favourite of mine that will continue to be a staple in my collection. The tint is great for adding shape and the pencil is great for filling in any gaps.
There eyeshadows surprisingly have great pigmentation, feel buttery soft and apply and blend really well.

The last products I have tried are the sexy mother pucker lip glosses and their gloss sticks. The lip glosses are lip plumping, so don’t worry about the tingling feeling. I don’t like the smell of them or taste, that not great unlike the gloss sticks. These taste and smell like vanilla, there really creamy and feel like there hydrating the lips.

I haven't really found a makeup product that I've truly disliked yet, but my least favourite out of the products I've tried are the sexy mother pucker lip glosses. My favourite is definitely the supercat liner. There has been lots more new releases out lately and I cant wait to try some more of there products.  Some of their products are a bit more expensive than some drug store brands but you can generally find these on offer at boots for 3 for 2 most of the time.

I haven't tried there concealers or foundation yet, have any of you?
What did you think to them?

ReRe

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me