Review: Benefit Dew The Hoola

All you pale skinned girls, listen up! I don't know about you but my face has never liked to tan, that might be partly to do with the fact that I can't bear the sunlight in my eyes, so I find I'm always covering my face up in some way or another. The face is also the first signs of ageing, and as we all know the sun is not great for keeping our skin looking young. Wearing SPF in moisturisers and foundations has become a daily routine which helps to keep my face from getting damaged by the sun but it also stops my face from getting that nice golden glow like the rest of my skin. 

This is where Dew The Hoola comes in. This is a liquid bronzer that's lightweight, very bendable and has no shimmer so that you get a soft matte look. This is great as it means you don't end up looking like a cross between an Umpa-lumpa and a glitter-ball, the finish you end up getting instead is a very natural sun-kissed glow. 


Lets start with the packaging first as the box itself is beautiful. The box is shiny and has a Hawaiian look to it. Its mostly turquoise and gold with flashes of bright pink flowers. I don't want to throw the box away as its far too nice!! The bottle is a shiny gold, it kinda looks like a bamboo branch and most importantly has a pump. 

I was quite scared when I first went to use this as it comes out the bottle a very dark brown/orange. But I applied it anyway to test it out and I was so glad I did. It blended very easily into my skin, it felt like i was applying a moisturiser. The colour also blended down to a really beautiful natural sun-kissed glow. If you take a look at the picture below you can see the difference between my very pale no make-up face to the picture that looks like I've been on holiday for a week. 


I've tried this product out a couple of ways. First off I applied it and then toned it down slightly by applying a light BB foundation over the top, with a beauty blender. This still gave me a nice glow, but it just toned down the ive been away for a week look to a more I've spent a few days in my back-garden. I don't know about you but when I have a tan it gives me the confidence to show a little more skin. The same goes for this liquid bronzer, I felt like I could get away with just using a bit of concealer rather than hiding my face under foundation. So when I tried it the second time I applied a concealer under my eyes and to any areas that needed a bit of extra love, finishing it off with a pore perfecting powder. This look will be perfect for the warmer days where there is no point applying foundation for it to melt off my face, but i still want my skin to look flawless. 

I found that this liquid bronzer wore really well too, it didn't compromise my foundations wear time and it didn't go weird and patchy on my face when it was just applied on its own. It says that you can apply this instead of foundation, which I definitely agree you can and it looks amazing. You can apply this over foundation, well I've not done that. I've applied it under for a more toned down look, I'm not sure about applying it over foundation as i can imagine that it would disturb your foundation. Lastly it says it can be used to contour, now this is something that I can imagine doing if I was going to use it over foundation. However I've not tried this as I prefer powder bronzes for contouring. 

If your really pale like me then your going to love this, as my skin just looks amazing every time I use it. If your not so pale then I'd reccomend going to a benefit counter and trying it out first. You may not enjoy the product as much as I do, as it might not give the sun-kissed look it gives my pale skin. Overall, I really like this product and would recommend you to give it a try if you haven't already. I know that this is going to be my holy grail product this summer and I'm going to have to purchase the full sized version pretty quick as this sample size from my Birchbox isn't going to last!

Have you tired any other porduct that are similar to this that i could try?

ReRe

Keep up to date with my blog posts by following me @makeupbyrere on twitter. If you enjoyed this post then leave me a comment or give me a like or RT on twitter. 

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I also got this in my Birchbox but haven't used it yet, I can't believe how great this looks on your skin as I am also quite pale. So excited to try this out now!!
    http://chloemariecx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know, I went from super pasty to looking like ive been on holiday. You will love it!! Don't worry how scary it looks when you apply it, it blends down really nicely :)

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Me