L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion Foundation - Review

I have never seen anything like this foundation before, so of course I needed to try this out! You know what us beauty bloggers are like, we want to try everything that's new. This is described as a cushion drenched in foundation, that gives the ultimate fresh nude finish in just a tap.

Before I get into the foundation on how it wears and what my thoughts are, lets look at the packaging and the product itself. The foundation is packaged in a round compact style case, its very sturdy and would easily slip into most sized handbags. The base is an opaque light purple but the lid is completely opposite, with it having a mirror finish and a darker purple shade. 

When you open up the lid, you will find a sponge applicator. I haven't used this with the foundation as i've been using my real technique sponge. But for on the go touch ups, I think this will be perfect. This applicator can also be washed in warm water and soap, so there is no need to worry about it getting caked up with foundation and generally looking gross. The whole inside of the lid is a mirror, which is big enough to see your face and again is perfect and will make it super easy for on the go touch ups. 

Under the applicator is another lid, this is where you will find the sponge (cushion) drenched in foundation. This second lid helps to keep the sponge from drying out, I like that you can hear this snap close, so you know if you have closed it properly or not.

Overall I love the packaging on this foundation, its eye catching, sleek and very compact. It's perfect for throwing in your make-up or handbag for travelling or on the go touch ups. You know its not going to leak as you can hear if you've closed it properly. I really like that they have provided a washable applicator, although i've not used it myself as I already have a blending sponge. For anyone that doesn't have a blending sponge, they don't need to worry about buying one if they want to try this foundation.

So lets get into the actual bit you want to read about, what the foundation is like.
This foundation allows you to customise your own coverage. You can tap on a little for a sheer luminous finish or effortlessly build up the coverage by tapping on more. This is a lightweight foundation, that leaves your skin feeling fresh and able to breathe. It feels like you dont have any foundation on at all! Which is great, I don't know about you but I hate that cakiness feeling you can get from some medium coverage foundations. The finish of this foundation is a lumionis dewy glow, so it turns bad skin days into good skin days and good skin days to even greater skin days. Your skin is also kept protected throughtout the day as it has SPF25 in the foundation. The staying power is great, for being a light weight foundation it holds up all day long. I've not felt the need to touch up anywhere, and I thought I would end up having to with it being so lightweight.

I've only been using this foundation for about three weeks now and it has become my favourite foundation. I find that it's perfect for warm days as it is refreshing on the face, lighweight and long wearing. I love how my skin looks with this foundation, its so glowy but it's not a sweaty or oily glow. It's a really fresh, my skin is perfect kind of glow. Everyone wants that perfect glowy look and for me this foundation nails that look.

I would highly reccomend anyone even slightly thinking about trying this foundation, to go and try it. I have combination skin and it works really well with my skin type. With it being a very liquidy foundation it doesnt cake up on my dry patches and surprisinly my skin doesnt look stupidly oily by the end of the day either. After about 8 hours wear I could probably do with some powder to take away some of the shine. For me that's a great foundation, as I've tried other dewy foundations and after 4 hours my face looks like its melting off.

This foundation costs £14.99, it's more expensive than most high street foundations but way cheaper and in my opinion better than some high end foundations i've tried. You can pick this up in your local high street beauty stores and its available in 7 shades. I picked up shade number 3 which is vanilla and strangely its the second shade available not the third.

Have you tired this? What were your thoughts?

ReRe

To keep up with my post follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin.

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed this, it's been on my list for ages now think I'll give it a go. Great review can't wait to read more. Helenxbeauty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it :) yeah you should deffo give it ago it my fave, i've been using it everyday

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Me