Clothing Sale Haul

I promised there would be a clothing sale haul and here it is! You know me, I cant resist a sale. The hunt for finding a bargain is what I love. But I'm not one to just buy something, because its in the sale. I still have to really love it or need it, to buy it. I don't want to buy pieces that are in the sale, that I'll maybe never wear again. Your not getting a bargain then really, are you? Anyway, lets get into what I bought. I only bought things from two places, Asos and River Island. 

I'll start with my Asos order, I didn't actually go that crazy with my Asos sale shopping. I only purchased three items,which were all jumpers. They are exactly what was needed for this time of the year, its got a lot colder these past few weeks. I mean we even had snow! These were pieces I definitely needed adding to my wardrobe.

The first jumper is a basic staple that every wardrobe should have. Its your basic black jumper, that can go with absolutely loads of things in my wardrobe. Its called the Asos jumper with turtle neck in soft yarn, this should have been £18.00 and I got it for half price at £9. This is a fine knit jumper with a turtle neck and split sleeves. I specifically went to find something like this, as my older basic black jumpers are looking a little over worn. I needed something to replace them and this is ideal. I picked up my usual size 8 and it fits perfectly.


Next up is a more distressed chunky knit jumper. Its called the Asos cable jumper with ladder detail, this should have cost £35.00 and again I got this half price for £17.50. Its a grey cable knit jumper with ribbed trims and ladder detailing on the torso and arms. I picked this up in a size 8, but wished I had sized down and picked up a 6. It should have an over sized fit, but I think it looks slightly too over sized on me in the 8 and think the 6 would have been a better fit. This will go perfectly with my black skinny jeans and will be amazing on those days where I really need to layer up.


The last jumper is one that I've been wearing constantly since I bought it. It looks amazing with my Topshop Joni jeans. This is called the Asos jumper with cable stitch and high neck, this was priced at £30 and in the sale was half price at £15. This is a chunky cable knit, with ribbed trims and a high round neck, which makes this jumper feel super cosy. I picked this up again, in a size 8 and it fits perfectly. 



Onto River Island. To be quite honest my original sale shopping was done with that small Asos order. But I met my sister in town for her birthday at the beginning of January. She was spending her birthday money and I still had some Christmas money left, so I ended up checking out the clothes too. I mean it would be rude not to right? I had actually gone into River Island the day after Boxing day, but it was too busy for me to see anything. But this time it was quiet and I got to have a good look round. I actually took quite a bit in the changing rooms with me to try on. I ended up coming away with three pieces. 

The first thing I picked up was the red lace bardot bodycon dress. This should have been £32, it was just over half price at £15. I picked this up in a size 8 and it fit like a glove. I was really happy with how I looked in this dress and red is one of my favourite colours. I can see this being a dress that I'll got lots of wear out of in the summer evenings and on holidays. It's always nice to add an injection of colour into my wardrobe too, so its not just all black and grey.


I found this light pink skirt for £12, but it should have been £28. Its a faux suede skirt, with wrap detailing and black lace on the hem. This will look great with that basic black jumper I got from Asos and maybe even my over the knee boots, if that's not too much. The size I picked this up in was an 8 and it fits true to size.


The last thing I picked up from River Island was this necklace. Its a gold tone filigree coin necklace. It should have cost £8 and I picked it up for £3. This is  something that will go with lots of outfits, I liked it and with it only costing £3 I thought, why not.


Writing this post has just reminded me about how much I loved a dress that I'd tried on in River Island, but it was too big in my usual size. I meant to come home and check to see if they had it online, but I got busy with work and forgot. So you may end up seeing another haul soon if I can find it in a smaller size.

If you hadn't noticed I recently gave my blog a make over for the New Year. 
How are you liking the new look of my blog so far?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me