Declutter - Part One

I don't know what it is about January, but I always want to clear through my stuff at this time of the year. Usually that always happens with clothes, I never really clear through my make-up. I guess its just easier to part with clothes that finally look overly worn. Make-up on the other hand, is far to easy to over look and just say 'I'll use it at some point'. Even though its sat there for over a year without being used. I'm not on about mascaras and foundation, that would just be gross and unhygienic. I'm on about things that are powdered like eye shadows and blushers. These are products that can just sit there for ages, becoming unloved and collect dust.

Rather than clearing out my clothes I've decided to start my January de-cluttering with my make-up. It was defiantly needed, I had far too much stuff that I either didn't really like that much or just didn't use. Of course there's the usual bits that get cleared out regularly for hygiene reasons, like foundations. I'm going to be splitting this post up so that it doesn't become too long. Part one, which is this post, will be all about the face products I've de-cluttered. Part two, which you will see early on in February, will be the de-cluttering of eye and lip products.

Lets get into it the list of unloved products. I'll start with primers and foundations. I've got rid of one primer and one foundation. The primer is by Emite, its called diamond heart. This primer smooths the skin leaving it with a healthy and radiant sheen. I didn't really dislike this product, but I don't really use it. I prefer primers that keep shine at bay and minimise pores. This I found was great in the winter, when my skin is more dull looking. But the serum I'm using also illuminates my skin. So I found I was just applying this to use it up and not because I needed, or wanted to use it.

The foundation I've got rid of is by collection. This is the lasting perfection ultimate wear foundation. This is a 6-in-1 foundation that primes, conceals, covers, smooths, protects and mattifies. I picked this up because I loved the concealer, so I thought I would give the foundation a try. Again I've not got rid of this because It was a bad product. I decided it needed to go, because it wasn't as suited to my skin, as I would have hoped. I prefer foundations that are light to medium coverage. Due to this foundation doing absolutely everything I found that this foundation was high coverage. Which I don't really like on my face. I love mattifying products, as I do have combination skin. But due to that combination skin, I do find that this can end up sitting weirdly in any dry patches. Like I said it's not a bad foundation, its cheap, long lasting and really does cover everything, but its just not for me.

Next I went onto de-cluttering my blushers and bronzers. There was one bronzer that got ditched and four blushers. Most of these products I received in beauty boxes. I liked these products but because they are small samples and came in weird annoying packaging, they end up getting lost in my collection and end up being forgotten about.

The bronzer that I've ditched is by Lord & Berry, called sienna. This is a matte bronzer that gives an amazing sun-kissed glow. I really did love this bronzer. But because it was a sample that came in this box. I found it rather irritating to use. So it ended up being thrown in the back of my draw. This is definitely a bronzer I would think of buying full size though.

Onto the blushers and I'll start with another Lord & Berry sample product, which I'm getting rid of for exactly the same reasons as the bronzer. The blusher I received in the beauty box was called lotus. It had a beautiful purple tone to it, which I thought was perfect for the winter. Again I loved this blusher and would buy a full sized version of this. But due to the reasons above, I decided to remove it from my collection

The next three blushers are all products that are not something I enjoy using. They are liquid/cream blushers that can also be doubled up as lip products. I have no problems with the actual products, they work fine and I liked them, which is why they were in my collection. But I never reach for them, as I prefer powder blushers a 100 times more than a cream blusher. The products I removed from my collection were the benefit's posietint, bellapierre in the shade coral and the balms how about them apples in the shade pie.

I'm going to include brow products in this post too, as I feel there more for defining the face than the eyes. These products again are all from beauty boxes. I'm getting rid of all three of these because they are all too dark for my brows. I needed them to be just a tad lighter. The products I've got rid of are the B.defined brow kit, model co more brows and collections define and perfect. I've not even opened the model co more brows, because I've tried it before. The first time I received the medium shade which was the perfect shade for me. The shade I received this time was medium/deep, so I knew it wouldn't be the right shade and one of my friends or family members would benefit from this more than me. The collection define and perfect is amazing by the way, I really love how my brows looked using this. I would definitely re-buy this, but in the correct shade.

Lastly I cleared out my brushes. I got rid of six in total. A few of these I'd for quite a long time and were ready to be ditched and some of them I just don't use. Ther were taking up precious space for other brushes I do use. The brushes I've got rid of from left to right are benefit's foundation and concealer, Nanshy fan, Eco tools blush, real techniques detail and lastly real techniques pointed foundation. I feel like I'm getting repetitive now, but there was nothing wrong with these brushes. I just found that I never really used these. The benefit brushes were really old and back in the day I did use them a lot, but over time I've acquired new brushes that I love more. As you know at Christmas I got new make-up brushes so that's the main reason I cleared out the unused brushes that were just collecting dust.

All of these products I've placed in a box for my family and friends to go through. So they can have a look and see if there is anything that they may like to try, or if something is more suited to them. I'd rather not just bin the products, when I know that they can still be used and are good products. Any products that have been sat there for a while open, like the foundation have gone in the bin.

When was the last time you cleared through your make-up?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me