Disappointing Products

Over quite a few months I've collected a lot of beauty products that I've either bought myself to try, or I've received through my monthly beauty boxes. Some products I've absolutely loved and others have really disappointed me. In this post I'm going to share with you the products that have disappointed me and why. I've got quite a lot to get through, as they have been collecting in my bottom draw for quite some time now. 
So lets do this.....



This is a sensitive eye make-up remover that's gentle, soothing and refreshing. This is so gentle that it doesn't even remove my eye make-up!!! I found this to be a very pathetic eye make-up remover. I thought that the gel product would help remove mascara quicker, as its thick and can really coat the lashes. Which I hoped would help to dissolve the mascara. Unfortunately it didn't and I found myself having to really rub my eyes to remove the make-up. I tried to power through and finish the bottle, as I hate just throwing stuff away. But I really couldn't get on with this and had to admit it wasn't working for me.


I didn't buy this nail varnish on its own, it came in a duo set with a beautiful pastel pink shade. Which was the only reason I bought the set in the first place. I thought the lace effect nail polish would look really cute, but in actual fact it didn't. Personally I don't think this looks like lace on your nails. It certainly didn't on mine anyway. To me this looked like blood splatted on my nails. Which isn't a great look, unless its Halloween. It certainly wasn't the look I was going for! It looked absolutely awful, which was a shame and also super annoying to remove off my nails.


This came in February's Glossybox. If you read my Birchbox vs Glossybox for the month of February, you will already know that I wasn't into this perfume. I've never heard of this brand before and its not a bash on the perfume brand itself. It just down to the fact that I hate rose scents. Perfume is a very personal thing to choose for someone, everyone has there own personal scents that they like and rose is not one of those for me.


This is a multi-balancing complexion perfecter that melts into the skin like a cream, but has a finish of powder. I have a love/hate relationship with this product. As you know I have combination skin. Some days I have super oily skin, other days I have really dry skin and on most days I have a mixture of both. This foundation only works for me on the days were my skin is just oily. When I'm having an oily day, this blends into my skin beautifully and keeps me looking matte all day long. But If I have a hint of dryness on my skin, it ends up really exaggerating that dry patch. Which isn't a great look. I have a very small window to use this product, as most days I have the dry patches and oiliness together. I've decided its time to finally part ways with this product because I'm sick of applying it and hoping that today is the day I can finally use it, but then finding out its clung to a dry patch. With me only being able to use this on certain days, this product has been left to sit in my foundation draw for a bit too long. 


If your a returning reader, you will know just how much I love Urban Decay's primer potion. If your not then know this, I love Urban Decay's primer potion. I think its hands down the best eye primer. But I thought I would try out this version, in my quest to find a cheaper alternative. This is a white primer that has a mousse like texture, which should maximise the colour and wear of your eye shadow. This primer does not do that! I don't even think that this should have the name primer to it, as this didn't even help to keep eye shadows on my lids for two hours. Basically I think this is a waste of money and I would not buy this again. 


I have this liner in the teal shade. I love, love, love the shade of this liner! It applies beautifully and lasts all day. It can be quite difficult to remove. I found that there was still a faint colour line left, even when using some of the best eye make-up remover. This didn't bother me so much. The thing that bothered me was that the liner transferred from my lash line to my upper lid and crease. Everyone wont have this same problem. But I have hooded lids and I think this is why its transferred. I tried this liner a few times because I loved the colour of it so much. I tried waiting for it to dry down completely before opening my eyes fully, but it still managed to transfer at some point throughout the day. I had to admit defeat with this product, as it just wouldn't stay were I'd applied it.


I picked this up from boots quite a while back. It was new in when I picked it up. This is supposed to catch every lash and ensure all lashes are volumised without exception. Some people really love this mascara, I'm not one of those people. I don't like the brush, I didn't realise it was a plastic brush when I bought it. I hate how plastic brushes feel like there scraping at my eye lid, when I'm really trying to get to the base of my lashes. I also didn't think my lashes looked volumised after using this. In fact they looked very spidery, which isn't the look I like for my lashes. 


This came in my Glossybox, I cant quite remember when. The shade of this is called Paris, which is a beautiful khaki grey shade. I like eye shadow pencils, there quick and easy to use and blend. This does blend really nicely and like I said I love the shade. But it never seems to set down, so it doesn't stay on the eye lid. This doesn't even stay in place with the trust worthy Urban Decay primer potion. As much as its a beautiful eye shadow pencil, there was no point keeping this, if it isn't going to stay on the eye lids. After just ten minutes of wear you can see it creasing up already. In my opinion, another product that's a waste of money.


This liner should deliver bold colour, clean liners and give all day wear. The brush I do like, its very precise and flexible. The colour however, is not bold. Its not a very black, black. Its more of a green black. This also doesn't wear that well, it rubs off quite easily. If you get it the slightest bit wet, it smears. So its not for the watery eyed person. I wont waste my money on this again, I would much rather pay a bit more for Soap and Glory's super cat liner of Kat Von D's tattoo liner.



Speaking of Soap and Glory, here's my last disappointing product. This is a double ended brow product. A tint on one end and a pencil on the other. I absolutely loved the brow tint, I could fill my brows in precisely and it would last all day! The pencil on the other hand is awful. At first I really liked it but after the first month, the pencil went really hard and wasn't applying any colour. Now that I've used all the tint side up, I'm left with a really hard and unusable brow pencil. I would buy this again for the tint if I couldn't get the tint separately, but I wouldn't buy it for the pencil.

Obviously we all have very different opinions and some of these may be favourites of yours. But these are all products that I personally don't like and will now be throwing away, as I don't even think there worth passing on to family or friends. I hope that this has helped you make a decision, if you were thinking of buying any of these. 

Let me know one of your disappointing beauty product below and why its disappointing to you. 
Hopefully this will guide me in, what not to buy next.

ReRe

Follow me on Twitter @makeupbyrere and on Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then. I've recently started a new Instagram account, so not to bore my non blogger friends, so why not check that out too.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me