Lusting Over Spring

March is one of those months that I hold off buying things for myself. But this means it tends to be the month I lust over stuff more than usual. I hold off on buying new things mainly because its my birthday month. Other than Christmas, birthdays are the one time of the year were we get asked what we would like. I don't know about you but I would never have any ideas, as I'd already bought it for myself.

Here's what I've been lusting after this month.

Fashion

I'm sick of wearing jumpers now, I'm well and truly ready for spring to be here. Which can be seen from the clothes I'm lusting after! 

The little floral handbag is by Asos (£25). I very rarely go for statement handbags, I tend to play it safe and go for black, brown or cream. This bag is little more statement with the print and pop of colour, but not so much that its over powering and in your face. Pink is the in colour for this season and I'm loving the floral print for spring.

I'm turning slightly into my mother with my coat collection, she has far too many and I'm definitely building mine up. But to be fair I don't have anything like this jacket. This is a suedette biker jacket, by Miss Selfridge (£45) The only jackets I own are leather, denim and bomber style. I don't have anything in a suede style. I also don't own anything in this gorgeous grey purple colour, which I think is very spring time looking. 

I love wedges! You can wear them with anything, there easy to walk in and I can usually go the whole day wearing wedges before my feet start to ache. These brown wedges are from River Island (£35). I thought these would become a staple in my wardrobe for not only spring, but also summer too. With them not being overly high I thought they would be a perfect every day shoe.

I did own quite a few pairs of jeans but found myself only reaching for the same ones. I decided to clear out my jean draw, hence the 'I did own quite a few pairs'. I only kept the styles I liked and the ones that fit me properly. Afterwards I was left with only a few pairs of jeans. It got me looking at the jeans on Asos26). I came across a couple of pairs of grey jeans that I really liked the look of. I'm more of a high waist jeans girl, so these are very me! I also like the idea of pairing these with a cute pink top.

The last of my fashion lust items are these khaki shoe boots from River Island (£38). These are a little bit darker than the rest of my picks for spring, but there green and that's still a spring colour. Again I thought these would be that perfect every day shoe to wear throughout spring.

Beauty
I've been wanting to try two brands of skincare for a while now, Sunday Riley and Pixi. I've heard great things about both of these brands, so I wanted to test them out for myself.

First up from Sunday Riley is the Martian mattifying toner (£48). This is ideal for skin that is oily yet dehydrated. Which is 100% my skin. Its oily and dry in the same places which is super annoying, sometimes my skin is one or the other and other times like right now, its both at the same time. It becomes annoying with foundation, trying to find that one foundation that wont show all the dry patches and will also withstand the crazy amount of oil. This also helps to lift away excess sebum and tighten pores that will reduce any breakouts.

The next product from Sunday Riley is the U.F.O face oil (£68). I've heard great things about Sundays Riley's facial oils, specifically the Luna oil. But after reading about this oil, I think this one is more suited to my skin. This ultra-clarifying face oil is described as the ultimate treatment for problem prone skin. It keeps blemishes at bay by eliminating spot causing dirt and bacteria. It not only battles blackheads and breakouts but also reduces post-acne discolouration, calms redness, hydrates and brightens. Yes its a pricey bit of skincare, but its so potent that you only need to use it a few times a week. Which means this will last for some time. 

Like I said I've heard great things about the brand Pixi too, specifically their glow tonic. I found this set on cult beauty, called the best of bright kit (£20). Its a deluxe discovery set, that's a perfect introduction to the brand. Inside this kit is their glow mud cleanser, the famous glow tonic and lastly the glow mud mask. This set is all about restoring luminosity to the skin by removing dead skin cells that have bound to the skins surface. Its currently out of stock at the moment, but I'm patiently waiting for it to come back in stock. 

This is a recent launch by Pixi, its a collaboration with Caroline Hirons who is well known in the skin care community. Its called the double cleanse (£24), which as the name suggests is a two step cleansing process. Everyone goes on about how important it is to double cleanse. Now you can own a two step product that will ensure double cleansing is easy. Step one is a solid cleansing oil and step two is a cleansing cream. The oil works to dissolve the surface dirt and break down make-up, the cream then preps your skin by infusing it with a unique cocktail of replenishing ingredients.

Lastly on my beauty wish list is the Kat Von D lock-it setting powder (£22). My oily face needs to be set with translucent powder to make sure that my make-up stays in place. This is a non-drying setting powder that's formulated with blurring technology. I've only tried the liner by Kat Von D and loved that, so I want to try some more of her products and this sounds perfect for me. 

What products are you lusting after at the moment?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. Check out my new Instagram and while your there give me a follow.

**Disclaimer - Photos are not my own and have been screen shot from the relevant sites that I have linked to.**

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

Instagram

Follow Me