Quick Work Make-Up

I thought I would share with you my up to date make-up look, that I do daily for work. At work its only deemed acceptable to wear make-up if its not over the top, so I go for a more natural understated look. I need my products to be quick when applying them, especially for those days were you've slept in a little too long. I also need my products to last a long work day and to with stand the air con.


Anyway here's what goes on my face, starting with the base. I've been using L'Oreal's cushion foundation, I've recently fallen back in love with this. Well, Ok I never really feel out of love with this. It just got shoved to the back while I was trying out other foundations. If you want to know why I love this foundation so much, then check my full review out here. I apply this really quickly using a beauty sponge. It covers everything I need it to and leaves me with a dewy glow. 

I use two concealers to hide any imperfections and to cover up those late nights. The first one is my ultimate favourite which is Maybelline's fit me concealer. I use this under my eyes, it covers those dark circles and brightens the area. It doesn't crease throughout the day and stays put. 
The second one is by Urban Decay, its the naked skin concealer. I use this on any imperfections and redness. It hides everything and keeps them covered all day.

I set all this in place using Rimmel's stay matte powder. This keeps everything in place and helps to keep the shine at bay. Meaning my skin has a natural dewy glow, rather than looking like a shiny disco ball. 

For the brows I use an old favourite by Benefit. I use their brow-zings, which is a powder and wax product. I find I can fill in any sparse gaps really quickly with this. I don't worry about shaping them too much like I normally would. But filling them in just makes my face look a bit more put together. 


Onto the eyes and by now you should all know, any eye look of mine will always start with Urban Decay's primer potion. This ensure the eyeshadow will not budge! 

For the eye shadows I've really been loving the Nars Sarah Moon eye palette. You may have seen this in my recent monthly favourites. I use all four shades out of this palette. Shade two is used all over my eye lid and up into the crease, shade one is used to blend shade two up to my brow bone, shade three is used in my crease to add a bit of depth and finally shade four is used to softly line my eyes. 

I use two products on my lashes, a lash primer and a mascara. I use Urban Decay's subversion lash primer to keep my lashes strong and I use Revlon's volume and length mascara to define them. The Revlon mascara is the perfect day time mascara, it adds volume and length but not too much that it looks over the top for day time. This mascara is also one of those that gets better, the more you use it. 

Lastly I use my favourite lip balm to keep my lips hydrated. It's by the Organic Pharmacy and its their antioxidant lip balm.

My whole work make-up tends to take between five and ten minutes. I spend the most time on my eyes because they are quite small and hooded. So I like to try and make them stand out a bit more. I don't bother with bronzer and blusher, I just don't see the need for it at work. The foundation covers everyt8ijng but still allows a natural flush to come through on my cheeks. 

What products do you use when you need to look put together in five minutes?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin to keep up to date with new blog posts. Why not check out my new Instagram too.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me