Disappointing Products

I don't like being negative, but I do need to share with you when I don't like something too. It wouldn't be right to only share my positive experiences with products. So unfortunately this post is going to be a bit of a negative one. I’ve got five products to share with you. All of these haven't worked for me, but that's not to say that they might not work for you.



Absolute New York – Velvet lippie 

I think I’ve mentioned a few times about my love for matte lip products. Well this is not one of those products. This is more like a mousse and as you can see from the swatch it's very thick. I found this to be quite drying on the lips too, it showed up every little crack and extenuated any dry patch on my lips. I also hated the colour on my, but that's personal preference. 



Lord & Berry Concealer Crayon – 02 

Another product I got out of a beauty box, this time from Birchbox. First off I didn't receive a shade that matched my skin. I should have received shade 01 and instead I received shade 02. It was very orange in colour and wouldn't have covered anything on my skin tone. I’m not sure though if I would have liked this in shade 01 either. I found that this is very thick in consistency and it doesn't blend out well at all.  



Trifle Cosmetics

This came in a previous Glossybox. It arrived broken, which was strike one for this product. Not that that's anything to do with the brand. I could have messaged Glossybox and got a replacement quite easily. However upon watching this, there was no way I would have wanted a replacement. The shade on this is way too similar to my skin tone as you can see. This makes my lips looked washed out and makes me look quite ill. Again this is personal preference and I think this shade would suit someone with a darker tone. I will say that this did seem quite a hydrating lip product, I don't think it would dry the lips out at all. I would probably like this, if I had it in a suitable shade for me.




New Look Flawless Liquid Foundation

I tried out quite a few products from New Look when they changed the beauty range. I was quite disappointed in the foundation. I found it to be far too thick in consistency, it didn't sit well on my skin and showed any areas that had dry patches. It also didn't last long on my skin, maybe three hours tops before it started separating. I tried it with primers and applying it in different ways but I still had the same results of dry patches, not sitting on the skin well and not lasting long.



Monu Spa – Rosewood Reviving mist 

I’m not a lover of mist products as it is. I think there a bit of a princess product. Basically a product that isn't needed, but can be very nice to use. These mists can be very refreshing and can act as a bit of a toner, I do quite like the Caudalie one, but I still think it's expensive for what it is. This for me smells way too herbal. I know that fits the spa brand, but I’m not a fan of herbal scents. Especially on my face. However if you like strong spa like herbal scents then you may find that this product is for you.  


What's the worst product you’ve tried in the last month? 

ReRe 

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me