Spring Lips

When the seasons change, so do my lipsticks. I have a container that sits on my dressing table that holds my lipsticks. It's not big enough to hold all my lipsticks, which is why I change them up with the seasons. These are my top five lip products that I'm loving right now.



First up and the only lipgloss that's in my top five favourites is this one from….


This a baby pink lipgloss, which is sheer and has  a touch of shimmer. It looks great on its own and looks even better layered over other lip products, especially one I’m going to show you a bit later on by Revlon. Gloss isn't a favourite of mine, I don't like the sticky feeling and I don't like having to constantly reapply them, because lets be honest gloss doesn't last longer than half an hour! However this one isn't overly sticky, so that's why it's made the cut.



Onto my more loved lip products…lipsticks!!


There had to be a nude lipstick in my top five, I think I have a favourite nude lip colour for every season. Some situations just require a nude lip. Nude shades are easy to wear and means you can go a bit more bold on the eyes. This for me is more of my spring/summer nude shade. It's a sheer creamy lipstick that's very comfortable on the lips. It doesn't dry lips out, it actually leaves them feeling nourished. It's not as long lasting as the cream lipsticks, but that's because it's sheer, so it has a gloss hint to the lipstick. I would say it lasts a couple of hours before it needs topping up and it definitely needs to be reapplied after eating or drinking.



Revlon colorburst matte balm - Elusive

You all know my love for matte lip products. I had an obsession with them in the winter. During spring/summer though I don't think it's going to be something I’ll be wearing on my lips as much. But I still love the matte lip look and I think this is the perfect shade for spring. This is a pink, but it's a bit of a darker shade of pink. I would say it's more of a dusky pink. This product here is the one I like to layer the Nars gloss over. It's great for one this matte balm feels like it's dried your lips out a bit, it kind of adds a bit of moisture back in. It's also nice to layer over the top if you feel like lightening up the shade of pink abit.




This is one of their cream lipsticks. These are very creamy and hydrating on the lips. There also long lasting and often don't need topping up after meals or drinks. This is much brighter pink than Revlon matte balm. This shade of pink is perfect for spring days that are leading into summer. 



Lastly we have…


I’m not really sold on the whole lip liner and lipstick in one, but it's made it into my favourites because I absolutely love the colour of this. This is a sheer berry red shade. Usually I don't wear red shades unless it's winter, but I’ve been wearing this one constantly all April. I think because it's a sheer pinky red it just seems more spring/summer to me. This does feel nice to wear on the lips, it's not drying and has a creamy feel to it. I will say it's not long lasting at all. I do feel this needs topping up every couple of hours and most certainly needs re-applying after eating or drinking. Otherwise it leaves you with just a lip liner, line around your lips.



Do you have any new lip product recommendation's that you think I might like or that I need to try?

ReRe

Follow me on InstagramTwitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date on new blog posts. 
I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. These are all so pretty, loving the look of the Revlon Colorburst though! xx

    ww.taintedblues.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) yeah the reckon one is very pretty and it still fits in with my matte lip obsession! I need to check more colours out from the revlon range! I have an orange one that I wear in the summer and that wears just as nice. X

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Me