Wedding/Occasion Make-up

I thought I would stay on the theme of my last post....weddings. Last Fridays post was all about finding that perfect outfit to attend a wedding. This time I thought it would be a great idea to talk to you about some of my personal favourite products, that would work amazingly for bridal, bridesmaid and well any big occasion that you need your make-up to look great. When you have a big occasion, especially if its your wedding day! You want your make-up to not only look great, but also last the full day. The products I've chosen are a bit more pricey than your average drug-store brands. But personally I think there worth it and at the moment I wouldn't choose any other products over these for a special occasion. 

I've tried to cover every section of the make-up routine, I believe the only section I haven't covered is fake lashes. Hopefully you can find some new products to add to your make-up routine, so you can get that long lasting picture perfect make-up.  

Primer

The primer I've picked is the Benefit porefessional pro balm. If you want your make-up to stay put, then this is the primer to use! It blurs pores, so you get that perfect photo skin. It leaves skin smooth and silky soft, which ensure your foundation applies even better and lastly is keeps your make-up in place all day. I get quite oily skin and I've never had a problem with my skin looking shiny or my make-up melting off when I use this. 


Foundation

I've chosen three foundations, two that are high coverage and one that's more of a lighter coverage. 

Tarte rainforest of the sea foundation is perfect for anyone that has dry skin and likes a more full coverage foundation. This foundation can easily be built up for a medium to full coverage look. It's a water based foundation so it helps skin stay hydrated throughout the day. This also leaves skin looking smooth, soft and more radiant. For anyone in the UK, you can get this foundation from QVC.

Urban Decay naked weightless ultra definition foundation is great for anyone who has a more oily skin. This foundation sets down into a demi-matte finish, which ensure oiliness is kept at bay and that your skin also looks flawless. This demi-matte finish feels feather light on the skin even though its a high coverage foundation. This also has light diffusing spheres to help blur those pores even more.

L'oreal nude magique cushion foundation is a light to medium coverage foundation. This gives a dewy look to the complexion, it makes even the dullest complexion glow! I think this foundation is great for any skin type. If you get quite oily skin, you will need to apply a bit more powder to those oily areas, to ensure the dewy glow doesn't end up looking a sweaty mess. 

Concealer

Both of these concealers are great at hiding any problems. No matter how little sleep you get or if any unwanted visitors arrive, these concealers will have you covered.

Maybelline fit me concealer is creamy and lightweight. It conceals imperfection easily, makes skin appear brighter and blends flawlessly. A perfect concealer for someone that doesn't need anything heavy duty, just a quick pick me up for the skin. It's got great coverage, it doesn't crease and it lasts all day!

Benefit Erase Paste is the heavy duty concealer that literally erases imperfections. If you didn't get one bit of sleep, this will camouflage those tired dark eyes in no time. Making them appear brighter and more awake. This is also great at covering any redness too. Its quite a thick consistency, so it does need to be warmed between fingers to get a smooth finish. Benefit have recently changed the packaging on their concealer so this does come in a different pot and it does have a new name (Boi-ing brightening concealer), but its still the same product. Just new name and new packaging.

Powder

There's only one powder that needs to be mentioned here and that Benefit's the Porefessional shine-vanishing pro powder. This amazing powder leaves you with perfect looking airbrushed skin. It keeps shine away and hides any pores. This is also a great item to have with you in your handbag or your bridesmaid's handbag. It has a little brush at the bottom that means you can powder up any time throughout the day and keep the shine away. I have combination skin and personally I've found once I've powdered with this I don't need to re-powder again.
Brows

Benefit Ka-brow. This creamy gel formula allows you to fill, sculpt and define brows easily. You can easily build this brow gel, to get either a natural soft looking brow or a more dramatic brow. Its long lasting, it's got a 24hour wear time and its also waterproof.

Eyeshadow Primer

Again there is only one product I feel that's worth a mention here and that's Urban Decays primer potion. This keeps eyeshadow in place all day and night. I've accidentally fell asleep without taking my make-up off and my eye make-up still looked perfect in the morning! Now I know your not going to need it to last quite that long. But believe me this stuff has been tested out to the max by me and I wont buy another eyeshadow primer because I believe that this is the best!


Eyeshadow

I think any of the Urban Decay Naked palettes are great palettes for bridal and occasion make-up. There have a great range of shades in them, you can easily create a soft or dramatic look with the shades in one palette. Personally I prefer the Naked 3 palette as I love the more rose gold colours. You can even use the darkest shade in the palette as liner for a more softer eye look.

Liner

If your going for a dramatic wing, a precise line or a smudged out line. These liners are great. 
Kat Von D tattoo liner is waterproof and basically doesn't budge until you take it off. You can get really precise lines with this liner, so you can easily have that perfect wing or just a subtle lined eye. 

Soap & Glory smoulder kohl is my chosen smudgy eye pencil. Its creamy and easy to smudge, but its also waterproof so once its dried down it wont budge. I have heard that Rimmel liners are even better than this one and their cheaper. The Rimmel liners have been classed as dupes for Urban Decays 24/7 pencil liners, which are a fave of mine. I just don't own one in a black!

Mascara 

These are two of my favourite mascaras for getting those big bold lashes. If you want volume and length then either of these mascaras are a great choice. Too faced better than sex or Urban Decay Perversion.
Bronzer/Blush/Highlighter

If you want an all in one product I really love Urban Decay's Naked flushed palette. You have all three bronzer, blush and highlighter in a convenient set. There's seven shades to choose from, so your bound to find one to suit your complexion. The colour pay off is really quite amazing! A little of the blush goes a long way, so apply sparingly and build up the desired colour. 
If you only need one or two out of the three, then here are my favourite single use products. 

Benefit Hoola gives you that perfect summer bronzed look. You can layer it up to get even more of a bronzed glow. 

Nars blusher in the shade orgasm is such a pretty pink! It has a subtle gold shimmer to it, that really makes those cheeks pop.

Benefit watts up. A golden highlighter that's creamy and easy to blend. If applied with the fingers in a dabbing motion you can build up your highlight better and it doesn't move your foundation this way either. 

Setting Spray

To ensure that your make-up definitely doesn't go anywhere! I like to use Urban Decays all nighter setting spray. This stuff really does ensure that your make-up wont budge! The spray is also quite cooling so its nice to mist on the face when your getting a bit too hot. 
Lips

For weddings I think its quite nice to keep the lips a nude shade. The my lips but better look. On my wedding day I went with a nude lip liner with a nude lip gloss over the top. I don't have a specific favourite nude liner or gloss, any would do. 
But if you want something with a bit more staying power, then I would recommend Urban Decays lipsticks. They are creamy but long lasting! You'll find you only need to top your lips up after your three course meal. The shade I have here is called Lair.

If you want something more matte looking though and really like the matte liquid lip look, I would recommend trying Sleeks Matte Me lip cream. This dries matte very quick and is long lasting. It doesn't dry lips out too much, so you don't end up with the unsightly dry flaky lip look. The shade I have here is called Birthday suit.


I've recommended these products for weddings and occasions, as they have all worked for me when I've needed perfect looking make-up that lasts all day. I hope I've helped you find a few new products to try. They work well for me, so I hope that they will work well for you too. 

If your getting married soon why not go to your favourite local beauty counter and ask them to create a wedding look for you. Most beauty counters in department stores will be quite happy to do this, it gives them a chance to sell you products. But it also gives you a chance to try their products, a bit like a try before your buy situation. I did this at the Benefit counter, we didn't and still don't have an Urban decay counter. Otherwise I would have gone there as that is my preferred brand. By doing this I was able to try the products and buy the ones I really loved, I was then able to recreate the look with those products on the day.

Do you have any favourite products you keep just for special occasions?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me