Wedding Guest Outfits

Its officially wedding season here in the UK! If you've got a wedding coming up and are wondering what to wear then keep on reading. I've done all the hard work for you and pulled some of the best dresses off Asos, River Island and Miss Selfridge. I've not only included full priced dresses but also sale dresses, so you might be able to grab a bargain. But before I show you all the amazing dresses I've found for your potential wedding outfit, I thought I would share the outfits I like to wear to weddings myself.

I have a few dresses that I tend to wear over and over again to weddings. Every now and then I will buy a new one, but I do tend to keep wearing the same ones just because I love them so much and I don't feel like I can wear them on a normal evening out. The dresses are just a bit special and require a more special event to wear them to.

I'll start with my most oldest dress and my absolute favourite out of them all. Its this dress from Miss Selfridge. I don't even know how long I've had this dress, but its seen me through at least four weddings. 
This is that perfect occasion dress that isn't going to go out of style. It has a fitted cream bustier that has a cream lace over the top,  that extends past the bustier and up onto the chest and shoulders. The skirt part of the dress flares out into a more skater style and is a beautiful pastel blue shade. It has a beige ribbon around the middle tied to the side in a loose bow, to cinch in the waist and add a bit more detail. I always like to pair this with some nude heels. This dress is perfect all year round for weddings, nude tights can keep legs warm on a cold day.


Next up is a midi/maxi dress again from Miss Selfridge.
The dress is a bright yellow colour, with a floral pattern. Its fitted around the bust and then flares out slightly as you get into the skirt. This dress is long and floaty at the back but short at the front, making it easy to walk in without tripping over the material and it also makes this dress look more elegant. I actually wear my own cream wedding shoes with this dress to pull out the cream in the flowers, but I've also worn this dress with some sparkly flats for a wedding abroad. With its bright colours this dress is definitely more suited to a sunny summer wedding. 


Following on the floral theme is this dress by the brand Untold
Its much more fitted but has a flattering peplum frill that starts from the side and goes all around the back. Its very Ted Baker looking, with its flower design and purple and pink colouring. Because the dress is so bright I usually wear nude heels, but black works just as well too. This dress is a little thicker in material than the others and is perfect for those spring weddings. Where there's a bit of a chill and a chance of rain.


Lastly is this dress from River Island. This is my most recent dress purchase for a wedding. I know this is white and I'm totally against people wearing white to a wedding. But I'm against the whole dress being that one shade of white or cream, I feel like that block of colour is reserved for only the bride. Whereas this dress has a white background but then has a pink, green and black print all over the dress. The bold colourful print takes your eyes away from the white and its the white that makes the colours really pop on this dress. I wore this with some white wedges, but I could easily pull any of the other colours out of the dress and wear pink, green or black heels. With the bold colourful print, this is more of a summer wedding dress.


Now lets get into the dresses I've found to try and help you out. I've found some dresses that are very similar in design to the dresses I've shown. So if you liked any of those then you may see one similar that could be for you. These are not my own photos and belong to the brands themselves, I've used them so you can see what the dress is like. I've linked all the dresses to where you can buy them. Obviously sale items are limited in what sizes are available, but I did try and find ones that had a good range of sizes left. I hope that these dress ideas can help you for any upcoming wedding or any other occasion you may have coming up soon.

Asos









Asos Sale


 







Miss Selfridge


Miss Selfridge Sale



River Island


River Island Sale


If your still stuck for outfit idea's and want even more inspiration, River Island have a dedicated page just for wedding guest outfits! You can check that out here.

Let me know if any of these dresses caught your eye and which ones they were.

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me