Summer Clothing Haul

I've done quite a bit of shopping over the last couple of weeks. I wanted to update a few pieces in my wardrobe and I also wanted to purchase a few new things for my upcoming holiday. Yes I have plenty of holiday clothes, but to me it just doesn't feel like I'm going on holiday until I have bought a couple of new pieces for it . I've been to a few different shops, Primark, New Look, Topshop and even Marks & Spencer. I also placed a massive order with Asos, I ordered ten items but only ended up keeping a couple of pieces. It was one of those orders where nothing looked right on me, not like they did on the models and I was beginning to give up hope until I tried on the last piece which I've fallen in love with.

Asos
Lets start with the Asos order shall we...


Like I said I only ended up keeping two items from my ten item order. The piece that saved the Asos order and the item I fell in love with was this dress by Parisian. Its in my favourite colour, red. Its got a beautiful floral design on it that's perfect for the summer. What I love even more about this dress, is the lace up detail down the bodice. This should have cost £34.99 but its in the sale, so I only had to pay £20.


The only other item I kept from my fail of an Asos order was these sunglasses. These are angular aviator style and there in a rose gold colour. I think they look a little more feminine than normal aviators, due to the angular style of them. It makes them slightly smaller on the face than normal aviators. I own quite a few pairs of sunglasses, but I don't own any like these. These cost £7 and where also in the sale, they should have cost £12.

New Look

Onto my little splurge at New Look. I haven't bought any shoes in quite a while, I think the last time I bought some was around my Birthday in March and they were my well loved converse. I ended up buying two pairs of shoes, there quite similar to each other in style, but still different enough to warrant my buying both pairs.


The first pair is these grey multi-strap suedette heels. They have silver buckle details all the way up the side of the shoe. They have a medium block heel. There not too high so that there uncomfortable to walk in. They would be ideal for day or night, but I highly doubt I would be able to last all day in them. These cost £29.99.


The second pair are also strappy suedette sandals, but they are in a gladiator style and are a tan colour. These have a double gold buckle on them. They have the same block heel but they are much lower and the main reason I love them is that they are a comfort shoe. By comfort shoe I mean they have underfoot padding and cushioned toes. These again will work for day and night, but with the comfort sole I think these will be perfect to wear all day long. These cost £29.99.


Next up is this cute flamingo cami top. The cami top has a elasticated waist and then flairs out into a peplum style. Its got blue and white pin stripes with pink flamingos printed all over the cami. I've never been into the flamingo craze, but this top caught my eye and I thought it would look super cute with some skinny jeans. This top costs £15.99.


I always like to buy a new bikini or cover up before I go on holiday. It just gets me excited about the holiday. I found this bikini in the sale, which made it even more perfect. This is a navy and white striped bikini. The bottoms are high waisted and the top is balcony style. I think that this would be perfect towards the end of the holiday. When your feeling a bit more bloated after eating too much food. The high waisted pants will make me feel more comfortable around the pool, but there still stretchy enough to roll down so you don't end up with weird tan lines. The top should have been £14.99, but went down to £8.  The bottoms was £12.99 and went down in price to £6.


Lastly from New Look I picked up a new choker. Their jewellery department is great, its always on trend and its always reasonably priced. Which it needs to be as I have a bit of a choker addiction! This choker is khaki and has rose gold, silver and gold textured beads. It very reasonably priced and £2.99.

Primark


I picked up a couple of basic things from Primark. Primark is always the place to go when you need basics. I picked up these black crochet shorts, they only have the crochet on the front the back is plain. I thought they would be cute around the garden with the heat we've been having. I also thought they would be perfect for holiday, to wear to the pool or throw on quickly to go down for breakfast. These were only £5.


I picked up another pair of shorts that are in this cute zig-zag pattern. They are pink, black and khaki. I fell in love with the pattern, they did have this print on a bikini but they didn't have my size which was sad. So I just picked the shorts up as again I thought these would look great around the garden and would also work well on holiday. These shorts were also £5.


I was just about to go to the till and pay for the shorts when I spotted this maxi playsuit. Its a tribal print short playsuit with a maxi dress back to it. I freaking love this and think it will look amazing on holiday. I feel like someone important when I walk, as the back of this just flows out behind you. This is very open on the chest area, especially for me as I have quite small boobs so I need something to go underneath it. I'm not sure if I'll wear this as out at home, it may just be a holiday outfit. But its only £13 so if its just a holiday outfit that's fine by me!


In my quest to find something to go underneath the maxi playsuit, I ended up finding this really cute bralette. Its a black racer back bralette with floral crochet detail. This covers you up quite a bit considering its a bralette, its almost more of a crop top in my opinion. But I love it, it goes perfectly under the maxi playsuit which you can see from the picture below and it only cost £6. So I got a really cute outfit for many future holidays that only cost £19!


Topshop


You know how much I'm into slogan tee-shirts I'm just in love with them like everyone else is at the moment. My last slogan tee only cost me £2.50 and was from Primark. This slogan tee cost a little bit more at £16, but the quality and thickness of the t-shirt I think is worth it. I also fell in love with the print, so I wasn't going to leave without it. This top will look great tucked into a denim skirt or I can make it look even more causal and pair it with jeans.

Marks & Spencer


The last place I went to was Marks & Spencer and it was to buy a basic that I can only get from here. A Bra! But not just any Bra, its a mutli-way bra. Its a plunge bra that has clear strap between the boobs, a clear strap at the back and comes with interchangeable normal and clear shoulder straps that can be worn multiple ways. Its basically one of the best bras for outfits that are tricky to wear a bra with. I had a dress from River Island that I didn't think I would be able to wear a bra with but this one worked perfectly with that dress. This bra costs £22.50, but will last you for quite a while. My old one is in white and I'm unsure just how long I've had it, so I thought it was time for a new one and I decided to pick it up in nude. I think nude would go with many more outfits that the white one did.

If your interested in seeing these items put into outfits then why not download and follow me on the new lookerhq app. Its a place where you can follow people who's styles you love. The best thing about this app is you can click the image to find out the price and where the items are from. The app also allows you to click straight through to the shop of the item you love, so you can go any buy it for yourself.

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin and Looker, to keep up with all things to do with me and my blog. I blog every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me