Disappointing products

At some point we all end up with a few products piling up in our collection that we just don't like, that basically disappoint us! If your subscribed to a monthly beauty box or like me are subscribed to two, you may find that you end up with quite a stash of products you don't really like. But that's the whole point of these beauty box's, being able to discover products and find out if you love them or hate them. I have a bottom draw in one side of my vanity where I chuck disappointing products and empties. It was starting to get a bit full, so I thought it was time to write a post about these products and why they disappointed me.


I'm kicking this post off with a co-wash shampoo. Co-Wash is a new concept that replaces normal shampoo and conditioner. It has a special formula that's rich in ingredients, to deeply cleanse and condition the hair in one step. This will never replace normal shampoo and conditioner for me. I hated this! I wanted to like the product, as it would save so much time in the shower. But my hair just didn't feel clean after I'd washed it and I actually ended up re-washing my hair the next day, as it just felt awful. It looked dry, limp and my hair had a dirty feel to it. I can usually go three, sometimes four days without having to wash my hair. So to have to wash it the next day really annoyed me and made this product an absolute fail for me! The only positive thing I will say about this product, is that it smells nice.



This is a lip and cheek duo, in the shade Cray-Cray. Its a bright coral colour and is very pigmented. I think this works best for the cheeks as it has a slightly powdery finish. Which makes it easier to blend on the cheeks. But the powdery finish does not sit right on the lips. I think this is a great cheek product, but it can't be classed as a duo, as it really does not wear nice on the lips. I'm not a fan of cream blusher so that's why this has ended up in the disappointing pile. Once I've applied foundation and powder, I don't really want to apply a cream product over the top and move my foundation around. Its also not a shade I would wear on my lips either. I will be giving this to my sister though, as coral really suits her complexion and I think she would love a cream blusher. She doesn't bother to much with foundation, so this will be perfect for her.


A cream blusher, bronzer and highlighter trio. Another cream cheek product, you already know my reason for not liking cream cheek products from above. But I did try and use this in a different way. I loved the colours and thought that they might work as eye shadows. They did apply nice, they were very creamy, pigmentation was quite good and they blended out really well. But they didn't last on my eyes at all and that's even with using my trusty urban decay primer potion. Usually nothing budges when I use that, so I was surprised that these had. If they didn't last on my eyes I doubt they would last well on my cheeks. I think the problem is that they don't dry down, they stay very tacky and I don't like that feeling.


This is a yellow colour corrector, which should combat dark circles on paler skin tones. I was excited to try this! They were brand new out when I got the chance to try one in my beauty box. I wished that I had received the green one to combat redness, as I do suffer with a bit more redness than I do with dark circles and think that one would have been more suited to me. This colour correcter is quite thick and dries quickly, so you have to be quick when blending it into the skin. This product just didn't work for me, I don't know If I'm too pale for this. But you could really tell that I had a yellow corrector on and it made me look ill. The whole point of a corrector, is to correct and conceal not draw attention! This was drawing far too much attention to my under eyes, due to how yellow it made them look. No amount of concealer on top would cover up the yellow either. This also sat in every little crease under my eyes and felt quite drying on the skin. Definitely not a product for me.


Lastly is an instant tan for your skin. But not only does it add a glow to your skin, it also blurs your body. I'd heard some great things about this product and was looking forward to trying it out. Now I dont know if its down to the utter pants 7ml sample I got. Which I tried to stretch to two legs, as how else was I going to try it out! But I didn't find that this blurred, in fact I found that this went quite patchy. It didn't give that nice all over glow that I was hoping for. Just a patchy mess that had to be wiped off my legs. My legs had been exfoliated and moisturised the night before, so that's got nothing to do with why it went patchy. However, as I got to near the end of the bottle quite a bit of clear liquid came out. So I'm thinking maybe the product had separated and that's why I had a bad experience with it, as everyone else seems to love it.

Have you tried any of the above? What where your thoughts on them?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, LookerHQ, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up with all things blog related.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me