Afternoon Tea Figs

Afternoon tea has to be one of my favourite things to eat. You get to eat lots of different little savoury and sweet food all in one go, whats not to like about that! When most people think of afternoon tea, they think of sandwiches and scones, which i quite enjoy but not everyone does. Since afternoon tea became popular we've moved away from the more traditional afternoon tea and gone towards more quirky versions. You can obviously still find lots of traditional ones around, but there are far more quirky afternoon teas now and these have become some of my favourite. If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may have seen some of the quirky afternoon teas I've been to and how not only delicious they were but also how creative they've been. If you haven't seen those posts, then I'll link them at the end of this, in case you want to go check them out.

Figs afternoon tea is local to me, its just down the seafront. Both me and Paul hadn't really heard much about it until Paul's sister and her husband had been. With hearing such good reviews off them we decided we needed to visit and do it very soon.

Figs call this the 'quirky' afternoon tea, its priced at £19.95 per person. This includes the afternoon tea itself, a glass of Prosecco and pot of tea or a coffee with milk.

Savoury

For our savoury part we were served:-

Prawn Cocktail
Mini Fish and Chips with Tartar Sauce
Mini Quiche
Bite Sized Sausage Roll with Apple Sauce
Piri-piri Chicken with a Sweet Chilli Jam
Mini Cheeseburger

Sweet

For the Sweet section we were served:-

Raspberry Panna Cotta
Amaretto Cheesecake with Praline
Plain Scone with Strawberry Jam and Clotted Cream

All of the dishes came out together, which I'm fine with but there was only one plate set at the table. Other places I've been to have either set two plates out one for savoury and one for sweet, or they have cleared away the savoury and brought the sweet out separately. The servers did do a great job of taking notice of when we'd finished our savoury though, which is when they brought over fresh plates and cleared our savoury away. I feel that this could be done better though by either setting the table for both sections or waiting to bring the sweet out until your ready for it. 

I really enjoyed all the savoury part of this afternoon tea, there wasn't one thing I didn't like. Paul was very happy too, as it was all his favourite things in one serving. The sweet part I didn't enjoy so much, which is nothing to do with the actual desserts it's just my personal taste. Paul however again enjoyed everything, he loves raspberry, amaretto is one of his favourite drinks and scones with jam and cream are his idea of heaven. I enjoyed the scone with a bit of cream, but I'm not a Jam lover (I know I'm weird). I'm not into the texture of Panna Cotta and I ended up giving my cheesecake to Paul, amaretto is not something I enjoy and I knew Paul would love to be able to eat mine as well as his. Personally for me I felt that the sweet section was missing something chocolaty. But that's my opinion, were as Paul would say that the desserts were perfect.

I would recommend trying out this afternoon tea, even if you don't like all the desserts like me the savoury section will more than fill you anyway. It hasn't become my absolute favourite afternoon tea but its one that I would go to again and would recommend anyone to try. I don't think they change their afternoon tea throughout the year like some places do, I believe this is a set afternoon tea all year round.

If you live by Cleethorpes or your planning a visit soon and fancy trying this afternoon tea out for yourselves, then make sure you pre-book. You need to book at least 24hours before you plan on visiting, this afternoon tea also only runs Wednesday-Thursday from 12.30pm until 2pm and Friday-Saturday 1.30pm until 3pm.

What would be on your ideal afternoon tea?

Afternoon Tea Blog Posts


ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me