October Birchbox Vs Glossybox

It's one of my favourite times of the month when my beauty box's come. I felt like I was waiting forever for my Glossybox to come this month, I think it may have been a couple days later arriving than normal, but I think because my Birchbox arrived so early it made the wait feel so much longer. Anyway lets get into this months box's.... 


Birchbox


Box theme : Feeling Good

This month Birchbox have collaborated with CoppaFeel, as its Breast Cancer Awareness Month! I think this is an amazing collaboration, especially because so many women buy these beauty boxes, so this message will reach lots of women and hopefully help educate us all a lot better on the signs. The rest of this months box is all about beauty products that will keep you feeling good. The design for this months box is a beautiful pink and purple swirl design. The design reminds me of a bath bomb colour explosion in water!




This mascara should lift and fan out each individual lash, coating them all with an intensely black pigment. Leaving lashes looking defined, lengthened and volumised. I'm looking forward to trying this out, I'm always looking for a mascara that will give me amazing volume and length. This mascara has quite a big wand, the wand has plastic bristles which I'm not a fan of but I think this will help define and coat every single lash.
A full size product would cost £16 and is 12ml, the sample I have is around 4ml of product and would cost around £5.33



This is a 99% natural face cleanser that will clean the grime without stripping your skin of moisture. This has spruce knot extract which helps to decongest skin, there is also grapefruit to refresh skin and frankincense which soothes and re-balances the complexion. My nose and chin often look quite congested, so I'm looking forward to seeing if this will help. I'm not into the scent of this face wash, but hopefully the benefits of the face wash will out weigh the smell for me.
For 125ml it costs £16, I have 40ml which would cost around £5.12



This is the product that everyone is getting in this months box. Its a Birchbox exclusive that's been specially made for the collaboration with coppafeel, to raise awareness. Its a shower gel that's called grab your melons, which is to try and remind you to take 5 minutes in the shower to coppafeel. I think this is a great product to be put in this box as I think this is a great way to raise awareness and help to remind you to coppafeel. This body wash also smells amazing, its so refreshing. I don't like eating melons, but I do like the scent.
This is full size and costs £1.50



Need help creating the appearance of chiselled cheekbones and a sculpted jawline? This sponge blending tool could be the answer. This can be used with cream or powder bronzer. Just trace a number 3 on both sides of your face to define. I've not seen this kind of blending sponge before. I'm not sure how I'm going to get on with this, I think it could be great for cream but I'm unsure about how it will work with powder. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing how this product works.
This is full size and costs £5.



An easy to control pen applicator tip that makes it even easier to achieve the perfect feline flick. This liner has a fade-proof formula, so it will stay put all day. I've tried this liner before and although its a nice liner and does last, its not as black as some other liners I have and it dried up quite quickly.
This is 1g which is travel size and costs £9

Box Price : £12.95 (including p+p)

Box Value : £25.95

Full Sized Products : 2/5

Products Excited To Try : 4/5

Overall Thoughts : I love this months collaboration, its such an important message so a massive thumbs up for that. The box design itself is beautiful and another one that will be added to my collection. There's a few products in this months box that I've never heard of and I'm really looking forward to trying out the mascara, face wash, body wash and blending sponge. The only disappointing product to me this month is the Eyeko liner just because I have tried it before from Birchbox and I know its a bit of a crappy product. I do feel that Birchbox have redeemed themselves from last months box, so I'm happy with that.


Glossy Box


Box theme : Magical


This month there we had the chance of getting one of two magical box designs, unicorn or mermaid. I ended up with the Unicorn box, I wasn't particularly bothered by what box I got I liked both the designs. The theme around this months boxes are magical and with that theme in mind they have filled this months box with four full sized make-up products, because make-up has the magical ability to transform the way we look!




Whatever magical look your want to rock, this palette has all the colours to help you transform your look. Its full of 12 bright, bold and beautiful shades so you can get creative. You can go bold and wear a it all over the lid or be subtle and use the colours along the lash line. I cant wait to play around with the colours in this palette they all look so pretty. From swatching them I've found there not as pigmented as I was hoping, but that just means I'll have to work the colour a bit more than normal. I can see a couple of shades especially the navy are going to leave a lot of fall out behind. But I'm still excited to play around with the colours and see how they blend with each other. 
This is full size palette but its only £4, so if it does become annoying trying to work with the colours I wont feel bad for giving it to my nieces to play with.




A creme to powder blush that intensely pigmented, so a little does go a long way with this product. There was six shades available and I got the shade Amaryllis, which is a pink/purple that will be great for Autumn. I love the packaging of this product, it actually reminds me a lot of the Nars packaging. I'm looking forward to seeing how this applies on top of foundation and how long it will last.
This is also a full sized product and costs £5.99




This is a silicone brush cleansing egg. It makes it easier than ever to clean your make-up brushes. All you have to do is pop two fingers inside the egg, wet the brush, apply cleaner and swirl it on the nodules. The nodules help cleanse the brush without damaging the bristles. I have something similar to this that sits in your palm from Real Techniques and I really like that. It got annoying swirling it in the palm of my hand especially if you have a lot to clean as your hand ends up hurting by the end. It did also help speed up the process of cleaning my brushes. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is even easier to use, its more compact so it might be great for travelling.
Another full sized product at £7.99.




It doesn't matter how your make-up looks, nothing brings your look together like your brows do. This is a highly pigmented brow pencil, which has a marbled tip swirled with two complimentary shades. It flatters all colourings by mimicking the colour variation naturally found in brows. I'm more into gel brow products at the minute, but this did seem very creamy when I swatched it. I'm intrigued to see if this marbled brow pencils really works as I do think this looks a little dark for my brows.
Also full sized and costs £14




A multi-purpose cream that can be used on your lips, cheeks and eyes. I've never heard of this brand before, so its always great to be able to discover a new brand. The packaging on this looks very high end! Its called Dolce Pink and its a beautiful coral pink with a hint of gold to it. You know I'm never into multi use products, but this looks gorgeous. I just might have to try all the ways I can use it and decide which I prefer. 
This is full sized and costs £19.50


Box Price : £13.25 (including p+p)

Box Value : £51.48

Full Sized Products : 5/5

Products Excited To Try : 5/5

Overall Thoughts : I cant quite believe that I'm looking forward to trying every single product out of this months box, usually there's one product that I'm not that into! I love the box design and theme, but what I love most is that its chock full of make-up rather than stupid body care items.


October Box Winner - Glossybox

Even though Birchbox's collaboration was amazing to raise awareness among so many women I just really liked that there was so much make-up in Glossybox. Also I was excited to try all five items in the box too.

What was your favourite box this month?




Don't forget to check back next month, to see what April has to offer.




SNEAK PEEK

Birchbox : Collab with Vogue

Glossybox : Beauty UK - Contour Powder Brush



If you want to check out past Birchbox V's Glossybox then check out the links below











ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin to keep up to date with all things blog related

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me