Blogmas Day 15 - My Fave Winter Lip Picks

One of my favourite lip colours is Red, but I only seem to wear it in November/December time. I don't know why I don't try and rock the red colour more in the other months, but I guess its because its more of an acceptable colour to wear in the months leading up to Christmas. There's always those few lipsticks that you seem to reach for depending on what time of the year it is and I thought why not share with you, my top lip products for winter.

I've picked six lip products that I've been reaching for this winter. There's one nude, two purple shades and three types of red.

Firstly I'll start with the nude lipstick, this is by Benefit and its called lady's choice. Its a very creamy consistency, it feels nice to wear on the lips and lasts quite well throughout the day. Its also an extremely easy to wear shade, that can be thrown on quickly to match any make-up look and outfit.

Onto the purple shades and the first one is by Lord & Berry. Its one of their maxi matte crayon lipstick, called Intimacy. Its a mauve shade, which again is an easy to wear shade but definitely seems more of a wintery shade. This is a matte lip crayon so this isn't creamy to apply, but I don't think it dries the lips out too much. Towards the end of the day my lips do feel a bit dry, but I always keep some lip balm in my bag for those times I needs to add some moisture.

Benefits No competition lipstick is a deep plum. I tend to wear this after Christmas and a lot more in January. It has the same creamy consistency as the first Benefit lipstick. It wears through the day really well and feels nice on the lips all day long. The colour pigmentation of this lipstick is amazing as well!

Now its on to my ultimate favourites, the reds! First up I have an oldie by Rimmel, its the 107 lasting finish Kate lipstick. This is a raspberry red and its a matte lipstick. I love the colour and the way my lips look when I wear this. But it is a very dry matte lipstick, so even applying it can take a while as it drags on the lips. This lipstick also needs touching up throughout the day due to the dry feeling, but again add some lip balm over the top and you can take those dry matte lips to smooth, hydrated and creamy looking instead.

Another matte lip product, but this time by New Look. This is the matte velvet lip crayon in the shade Morocco, which is a coppery red. This is much smoother to apply to the lips, I guess its the velvet texture. It also doesn't leave the lips feeling too dry and its long wearing. I once wore this through an entire afternoon tea and it still looked great afterwards. 

Lastly we have the Nars lip crayon (yes, I love lip crayons) in the shade Golshan, which is deep berry red. This is a satin lip crayon and you can definitely tell when you apply it. It just glides on and feels so nice to wear, but after a while it does settle down into a more matte like look which I love. This was actually a new addition to my reds last Christmas and its the red I chose to wear on Christmas day. It managed to last through the Christmas dinner and through the whole night, even when playing last years hit speak out game. It really impressed me and at the moment is set to be my choice of red for Christmas day this year too.

Do you have a favourite shade of red you'll be wearing for Christmas day?
If you do let me know below, I'd love to find some more great red lip products.

ReRe

 Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin to keep up with this years Blogmas posts.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me