Blogmas Day 14 - Dying My Hair Pink

I haven't changed my hair in so long! I stopped dying my hair blonde and decided to go with my natural hair colour about three or four years ago. I was also trying to grow my hair, as Ive always wanted long hair but it just seemed to be stuck in that annoying just past your shoulder phase for ages. I was having my hair cut every 6 weeks, but took this down to a trim every 12 weeks and my hair finally got to the length I wanted. But this also meant that I'd grown all the shape out of my hair too, which you can see from some of my previous outfit photos. My hair is all one length and its turned me into what I've been calling, a triangle head! 

I decided it was time to have a change up. I got some shape added into my hair, which also took some weight off my head. Thick long hair is quite heavy on the head, especially when you have to put it up in a ponytail for work. Anyway along with getting some shape put in, my hairdresser also put some blonde peek a boo highlights through my hair. He did this as he knew I'd been going on about having my hair died a vibrant colour. It's something I've never done before, as it was something that I wasn't sure I could do at work. I mean we weren't even aloud to wear nail polish until a few years ago. But I've seen so many people at my work with crazy coloured hair, that I decided it was time to go for it!

My wonderful sister was tasked with dying my hair. We used the crazy colour semi-permanent hair colour, in the shade cyclamen. Firstly I shampooed my hair like it said and then my sister had the job of trying to only get the hair dye on the highlighted blonde sections. Considering she's not a hairdresser, I think she did an amazing job! We waited the full 30 minutes before washing the colour off and conditioning my hair. To finish off and really show my sister handiwork off, she curled my hair so all the beautiful pink sections could show through.

This should last about 4 to 5 washes depending on how well my hair takes the colour. I've already washed my hair once and I don't think its faded much in that first wash, which is great! Hopefully it will stay around for Christmas day. 

What do you think to my hair?
Have you dyed your hair a crazy colour or are you thinking about doing it?
 Let me know below

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin to keep up with this years Blogmas.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me