Blogmas Day 13 - Evening Skincare Rotune

I updated you on my morning skincare routine earlier in the week, so I thought why not update you on my evening skincare routine as well. My evening routine is very different from my morning routine, I don't use any of the same products mainly because I do my morning routine in my dressing room and my evening routine in my bathroom. 

I kick my evening routine off with the Nivea double effects eye make-up remover. You need to shake this up before you use it. Once shaken and the two parts are mixed it will then dissolves your mascara (even waterproof) and all your eye make-up, without having to overly rub your eyes.

When I'm being extra good with my evening skincare routine I will use a creamy cleanser, if I'm not being extra good I'll just skip this step and move onto the next part. The cleanser I'm using at the moment is the Sarah Chapman skinesis ultimate cleanse. This should cleanse, nourish and moisturise. It should also refine pores and minimise the look of open pores. I massage this into my dry skin and eyes before adding water and turning this cleanser milky. I then use a flannel to wash the cleanser and make-up off my skin. This leaves my skin feeling silky soft and clean, it doesn't leave it feeling tight and dry.

Then I move onto the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water, which is a gentle way to cleanse and remove make-up. This gently lifts away make-up and impurities from the skin, without needing to rub or rinse. This does a great job of removing stubborn make-up and leaves the face feeling fresh and clean.
Its so much easier to keep up with my morning routine than the evening and as much as I wish I was extra good every evening with my skincare, its just not that easy when your tired! I'm still cleansing my skin if I skip to this step, I'm just not double cleansing which is obviously better for your skin.
 
The eye cream I'm using for my evening routine at the moment is the Oolution eye love cream. Its 100% natural and has 65 organic ingredients that should help with dark circles, puffiness and wrinkles. I got this from a beauty box this year, its just been sat in my skincare draw so I thought I may as well bust it out for the evening routine. Its a much thicker cream than I'm used to, which is fine for the evening as it can soak in over night.

Next its on the serum and I use The Ordinary's hyaluronic acid 2% + B5. This is an oil-free serum that penetrates deep into the skins layers to deliver intense, long lasting moisture. I have combination skin, so the evening is where I need to add that extra moisture boost, so that it can work its magic overnight and keep those dry patches at bay. 

I use an oil in the evening rather than a face cream and the one I'm using at the moment is The Ordinary's Organic rose hip seed oil. This oil targets signs of premature ageing and boosts the skins overall health. I find that this doesn't sink into the skin straight away and does leave an oily layer on your skin. But come the morning my skin feels soft, looks hydrated and radiant.

The last part of my skincare routine is actually for my brows. I use the Benefit Browvo, which is a conditioning brow primer. Its a clear gel that's enriched with keratin and soy proteins, which conditions and smooths brows to make them look thicker, healthier and fuller. I started using this when my brows were looking a little sparse, this definitely thickened them back up and made them soft and healthy looking.

Just so I'm being completely honest with you! There are times that I feel too tired to take my make-up off and I cant be bothered to do any of my routine. I'm sure we've all been there, too tired to take your make-up off but know you'll regret sleeping in your make-up. Well that's were this hero product comes in. Stashed in my bedside cabinet I keep the simple face wipes. These wipes are gentle on the face and have skin loving ingredients. They lift away dirt, grease, impurities and remove make-up all while hydrating the skin. I know lots of people don't like face wipes and I don't use these that often, so this pack of 25 can last me a good few months. But they are very convenient to have and I'd rather use a face wipe than not take my make-up off at all.
 
Do you have a hard time completing your evening skincare routine? 
What are your thoughts on face wipes?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up with this years Blogmas. 











CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me