January Sale Haul

January wouldn't be the same without going sale shopping! I like most other people love a good sale, I mean who doesn't live a bargain. When I go sale shopping I'm always mindful of what I already have and if I could see myself getting wear out of the item. There is no point in buying something that I own similar things of already and that I will probably only wear once, as I'm all about cost per wear and for me to buy something I need to know I'm going to get some good use out of it. I don't know about you, but when I shop and try something on, I usually get this feeling about the item. I get a massive smile on my face and just instantly love it when I try it on. If its the other way around when I try it on meaning I'm still unsure and can't make my mind up, then I don't buy it. If I'm unsure when I try it on, I'm always going to be unsure of it when its in my wardrobe and know its not going to be a piece I reach for. No matter how much of a bargain something is, never buy it if your unsure! 

Anyway before I waffle on any more about how I decide what I buy from the sales, here's what I actually bought in the January sales this year....

First up is New Look. I've been on the hunt for a new coat for work for quite some time. I didn't want an overly expensive coat, as I chuck mine in and out of my locker so it does get damaged over time. I wanted a dark colour that would be easy to wear and wouldn't dirty up as much. I had a pale blue coat last time and that just looked so dirty and went very bobbly looking quickly. I also wanted it to have a hood, in case it rains on the way to and from work. Its much easier to remember a hood when its attached to your coat, than an umbrella! Lastly I wanted pockets in my coat, so I can easily shove my phone and keys in my pocket, rather than rummaging around in my overfull work handbag. So yeah, I had a lot of requirements. Which is why it took me so long to find one. But walking into New Look this was the first thing I saw, it was the last one left and luckily it was in my size (talk about meant to be!) It had everything I was looking for, pockets, a hood, dark navy blue colour and the price was decent too. It should have been £49.99, it had gone down to £39 and then down to £30. When I got it to the till, to my surprise it had gone down in price even further and was now only £20! I was super happy with this! I've already been wearing this to work, its cosy, looks really nice on and it was exactly what I've been looking for. 

Next I went into River Island, this is one of my all time favourite shops and their sales usually don't disappoint. I always end up coming away with something! I actually ended up finding three things on this trip....I ended up buying this red and navy skirt. I have a couple of burgundy skirts and one red skirt, but I don't own one navy skirt and I certainly down own anything in this tartan kind of print. Anyway I love it and know that I will get tons of wear out of this, I love wearing skirts in the colder months with tights and boots. I love the tie detail to the front of the skirt its so cute, from the side it can make you look a little bit chunky. But I don't care, I think it looks great on! Its a skater style design and it has an elasticated waist so it wont get too tight if your eat a bit too much. This should have been £22, which if I'd seen it in-store full price, I would have bought it at that. But I managed to get it for £10, which was even better.

The second thing I came across was this red jumper. I don't plan on putting this jumper with the skirt as the red's don't quite match up and I think that would be too much, I think a navy top would look better. Anyway I saw this and thought that this would be a great staple item in my wardrobe. It's a polo neck jumper, but it has cut outs at the collar bone and along the arms. So it has a bit more to it than your average jumper. I have quite a few black skirts that I know this will look great with them, it will also look great with plenty of my jeans too. I just know that this is going to be one of those items that will last in my wardrobe for quite a few years and I'll get so much wear out of it. This should have been £26, which again I think is a decent price for River Island, but I managed to pick it up for £15.

Lastly from River Island I found this floral dress/top. I say dress/top as its one of those pieces that you layer up over jeans. It's see-through so you do need to wear something underneath it, but its one of those cute layering pieces that I think would be great for spring/summer. These came out at the end of summer and I thought they looked amazing then. But when they started coming into stores, I was already in autumn mode and looking for cosy jumpers. I know when spring comes along I'll wear this with a white cami top underneath and some high-waisted jeans. I also know that when I get bored of wearing it like that and no longer like this style, that it will look great as a beach cover up. Basically getting two uses out of one item here! Anyway this should have been £40 and there's no way I would have ever paid that for this, even though I love it, I think that's a little over priced. But I managed to pick it up for £20 and I was very happy with that price. I would have paid £30 tops for this, so I was happy to pick it up for £20. 

Then I took a peek inside TKmaxx, you just never know when gems you might be able to find in here. I ended up finding these gorgeous black boots in the clearance section and in my size too!! They are black faux suede and have pearls and studs on the heels. The top of the boot is very narrow, so it almost blends in with black skinny jeans and tights, which I really like. I fell in love with these even before I knew the price or brand. These ended up being by Steve Madden and they were reduced from £39 down to £14! £14 freaking pounds that's insane, that's practically Primark prices. I would have bough these at £39, as I'd seen some similar to this on Asos and was lusting after those, but obviously I'm way more happier to have only paid the £14.

The last thing I ended up buying wasn't a fashion item, it was actually a beauty item from Boots. I went in there just to see if they had anything interesting left in-store. Wow they had a lot of Ted baker and Soap and Glory stock left, it was quite crazy really. I do love soap and glory and would have bought some of the Christmas sets for myself, as they were down to great prices. But I was bought quite a few bits from Soap and Glory for Christmas and I know I wont get through them all this year. I'm also pretty sure that I'll get bought more stuff next Christmas, as people know just how much I love it. That's why I decided not to bother buying any more for myself. What I did find though, was these Nails inc face masks. Its called the mini masks wreath set. It has five face mask pods, two of them are peel off, one of them is a charcoal mask, one is a serum mask and one is an over night hydrating mask. I love face masks, its the one thing I make time to do every week. I picked up one for myself and also one for my sister as a little extra birthday present. These should have been £18 and they were reduced to £9. So I got two for the price of one basically. 

Did you buy anything in the January sales or did you stay well clear? I know some people really cant stand sale shopping as they cant stand looking through the messy rails.

ReRe

To ensure your up to date with new blog posts follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me