Sephora Haul

If you follow me on Instagram you will have already seen a few teaser pictures of my visit to Sephora. Well its time for me to finally share with you what I picked up from every beauty lovers favourite shop. Every time I visit the USA I tend to take a trip into Sephora, but I do try and make a little list before going in. I didn't do this the first time I visited Sephora and I felt like a dear in headlights, there was far too much to look at and I wanted absolutely everything! On my trip to New York I felt far more prepared. I took a certain amount of money with me so I knew just how much I could spend and I wasn't taking it out of our holiday money. I made a little list of a few products I'd heard of and wanted to try myself.I ended up buying six products for myself and one for my sister.

The first thing I reached for was the Too Faced White Peach palette, I saw this a while back in a haul video on HelloOctobers YouTube channel. I couldn't find this palette anywhere, it seemed to only be available on the Too Faced website and in Sephora. I didn't want to pay for international shipping and I knew there was an upcoming trip to New York coming very soon, so that would be the perfect chance for me to get my hands on this product. This palette is so dreamy, its got peach, pink and purple shades which are mainly all matte, but there are a few shimmers thrown in too. I've been using this palette quite a lot lately, so keep your eyes peeled for a review coming soon.

Whilst I was looking for the Too Faced White Peach palette their lipsticks caught my eye. These lipsticks are called the Natural Nude lipstick. I love a good nude lip, so I got a bit distracted and ended up swatching all of them to try and find my perfect nude lipstick. The shade I ended up picking up was Birthday Suit. The lipstick is infused with coconut butter to keep your lips nourished.

This next product was actually on my Cult Beauty wish list, but it sold out before I actually got chance to buy it. So while I was in Sephora I decided to see if they had it in stock, which luckily they did and it was the last one they had too! This is the Becca Hydra-mist setting powder. Its a setting powder that not only sets your make-up in place, but it also manages to keep the face hydrated too.

I haven't been able to check the Fenty Beauty collection out in person, I've only seen it on the Harvey Nichols website. There's a full Fenty Beauty counter at Sephora so I got to check out the whole collection. I found this cute little lip and face set duo that has a mini Gloss Bomb, which is a universal lip luminizer, in a shimmering rose nude shade. The other product is a mini Killawatt Freestyle highlighter in Hustla Baby, which is a peachy champagne shimmer. 

Then I decided to get matched up for a new foundation, not that I really needed a new foundation but they have a really good foundation matching system. I've been to the boots No7 one before and that was great, but it obviously only told you which No7 shade you were. With Sephora carrying so many brands it gave me the opportunity to find out what shade I am in quite a few different brands and to find out what foundations I might like depending on the coverage and the finish. They use a little machine on different areas of your face to try and figure out if your skin has yellow or pink undertones and also to find out what skin tone you have.  Most times I've been matched up I've been told I have quite a neutral undertones, but this beauty gadget said I had slight yellow undertones. Based on what kind of foundation I like we ended up choosing the Make Up For Ever Invisible Cover Foundation. The shade I ended up getting was Y225 (Marble). I've never tried anything from Make Up For Ever so I'm looking forward to using this foundation and seeing how it works for my skin.

There was one more product I was desperate to try, that was the Tarte Shape Tape concealer. Again I'd heard amazing things about this and really wanted to try it out for myself. I can get this product off QVC, but they don't have as many shades to pick from and I wanted to test them out to see what kind of colour would be best. Unfortunately for me Sephora don't actually stock the Shape tape, apparently its exclusive to Ulta. I didn't bother looking on the website before I came as I knew they sold Tarte so I just assumed they would sell that concealer. The sales lady advised me that the Maracuja creasless under eye concealer was virtually the same concealer just in a squeeze tube rather than having an applicator (although it now seems they have updated the packaging to an applicator) I could have gone to an Ulta and picked up the concealer I wanted but I didn't want to drag Paul to another beauty store, he'd been so patient while I took forever in Sephora. So I decided to take the Sales ladies advice and picked up the one she recommended. Whether it is or isn't virtually the same as the Tape Shape is yet to be discovered. I think I may still buy the Tape shape off QVC at some point and actually test out if there is a difference or not.

As I was about to go pay for my items I got stuck at the aisle of doom (miniatures) I was very good and managed not to buy myself any cute miniature products, but I did come across a mini Becca Champagne Pop highlighter that I knew my sister would love! I had originally bought her the full size one for her Birthday and she loved it, but her partners children were playing with her make-up bag and smashed it. She was so upset as its expensive and a dam good highlighter. So when I saw the mini size at a more reasonable price I thought I would treat her to another one. 

That's everything I bought from Sephora, I was very happy with my purchases and I'm enjoying trying them all out at the moment. Keep your eyes peeled for product reviews, once I've road tested them enough.

Have you tried any of these product? 
Are you excited for any particular upcoming review?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. Well isn't that Too Faced palette just stunning!

    www.oliviamulhearn.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know isn't it just. I've been using it non stop since I bought it!

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Me