Review : L'Oreal Lash Paradise Mascara

I'm always on the look out for a great mascara, especially a great drug store mascara. I've tried plenty of drug store mascaras that I like, but my favourites are higher end. Even though the drug store does do some great ones, I still hands down prefer two high end mascara's over all the drug store ones I've tired. L'Oreal lash paradise has been out quite a while in the states, its finally made its way over to the UK and I'm so glad! I've been wanting to try this out for quite some time. I've heard plenty of great things about this mascara, especially from YouTube Guru Tati. 

If you saw last Friday's post, where I shared with you the products I'd bought before going on holiday, you'll know that this was in that haul. I decided to take this with me on holiday to try it out for a whole two weeks. I did also take a miniature of my all time favourite Too faced mascara, just in case I hated it. If your lashes suck it kinda ruins the look of your make-up and I definitely didn't want to run that risk for the whole holiday.

You'll also notice from last Friday's Haul that I bought the lash paradise primer too. Now I didn't buy this on any recommendations, to be quite honest I've not heard a thing about it. But I love lash primers and I wont apply mascara without a primer. They just help protect your lashes and keep them in tip top condition. I haven't found a good drug store lash primer yet, the ones that I really like so far are by Benefit and Urban Decay. As you can see it can get quite spendy when it comes to my lashes with me liking both high end lash primers and mascaras. I took the primer on holiday too, but just like my mascara I brought my trusty favourite lash primer just in case this one wasn't too great.

One thing I love about mascara is you only have to try them out a couple of times, before you can decide if you really like them or not. Now for the purposes of trying this mascara out, I did something I didn't want to and I did apply it without a lash primer (even though I said I wont apply mascara without a primer ever!) I also tried it with the L'Oreal primer and my favourite Benefit Primer. 

I loved it every way that I tried it! The mascara applied really nicely, it went on without clumping, it didn't flake throughout the day and it didn't irritate my eyes. The mascara isn't too wet at first, which is something I hate as it tends to over clump if its too wet from the start. This mascara gave great length, volume and definition to my lashes. The results I got was very similar to the Too Faced better than sex mascara. I would say its a great dupe for that mascara and if Too Faced better than sex is your favourite, then give the L'Oreal lash paradise a try and you might like this too. The Too faced better than sex costs £19 which isn't too bad for a high end mascara to be honest, as most are well over the £20 mark. But you can save a lot of money on this much similar product which only costs £11.99.

When I applied this to my lashes without any lash primers I got a good length and some decent volume. But when I applied this on top of a lash primer I managed to get even more length and even more volume! The L'Oreal lash primer is actually very good, I really like it, it's definitely the best drug store lash primer I've tried. I would 100% buy this over the Urban Decay lash primer as I feel like this does exactly the same as that. However, I'm still undecided if I'd buy it over the Benefit they're real lash primer. I feel like it probably hydrates my lashes more than the Benefit one, but the reason I love the Benefit one so much is that its a tint and its the only tinted lash primer I know about. All other lash primers that I've had and seen coat your lashes white, but the Benefit one has a brown tint to it and its one of those products I love reaching for when I want to have a no make-up day. The Urban Decay Subversion lash primer costs £17, the Benefit They're Real primer costs £20.50 and the L'Oreal Paradise mascara primer costs £11.99, which is quite a big difference in price! I'm going to have to see just how much I use the Benefit They're Real lash primer for no make-up days, to see if its actually worth me buying that over the L'Oreal one. Otherwise  I think I could be switching to two L'Oreal mascaras.

Just in case you we're wondering if I reverted back to my high end favourites on holiday. I'll let you know that I didn't! I used both the new L'Oreal mascara and primer all holiday. It didn't even cross my mind to revert back to my high end back ups. Which for me shows just how much I really liked these two products. As when I'm on holiday I like my make-up to look even better than normal, so I don't tend to use products that aren't giving me that flawless look easily.

Do you use lash primers? 
Have you tried any decent drug store mascaras lately?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me