Pre Holiday Beauty Haul

No matter when I go on holiday, I always seem to be running out of something that I need to have with me on my trip. Usually its only the odd product, this time I had five products that I just needed to re-buy and take with me.

I placed an order with Feel Unique, its one of the best places to get high end and drug store brands all under one website. Which is great as it means you can usually buy all the products you need in one order. I was able to get all but one of the items I needed, due to it being out of stock. But four out of five is still great. I also had a perfectly timed 20% off discount code to use too.

Firstly I picked up the Benefit Porefessional matte rescue. This is a mattifying gel that instantly minimises the appearance of pores. It absorbs excess surface oil, leaving a natural looking matte finish to the skin. The water based gel also leaves the skin feeling smooth and refreshed. The Benefit porefessional range is a favourite of mine. I also enjoy using the porefessional pro balm. But I enjoy using matte rescue more in the summer as its much more refreshing on the face. I'd run out of this last summer but I waited until now to re-buy it as I only use this in the warmer months.

The next product was also from Benefit, but its a product I use daily. Its the They're real tinted lash primer. I swear by using a lash primer. They help protect your lashes from drying out and keep them in top condition. They also help to separate lashes and add extra length before you apply your usual mascara. There are many lash primers out there but this is the only one I know of that's tinted. Usually lash primers are white. This is perfect for those no make-up days, when you just want to give your lashes a boost. I don't really wear make-up around the pool or to the beach, but I will be using this. My eyes are small and I don't personally feel like they look awake and ready for the day unless they've got a bit of mascara on them.

At the time of placing this order there was an offer on to do with getting a free gift if you spent a certain amount on Benefit. I ended up spending the amount needed, but it was on products that I'd run out of and needed to replace, I didn't go out of my way to spend a certain amount. So this was a nice added bonus! The free gift was a mini Porefessional selection. There was my two favourite primers in this set, the porefessional pro balm and the porefessional matte rescue, both in deluxe sample sizes. There was also one porefessional instant wipe out mask, which I've never tried before and I'm looking forward to using.

The next product that I needed to desperately replace, was my favourite serum by The Ordinary. This is the Buffet serum. It's an anti ageing serum that helps keep skin hydrated and give that radiant glow. This is a cheap but very effective serum and its a product I cant be without, in my daily skincare routine.

Lastly from Feel Unique I topped up on my holy grail eye shadow primer. This eye shadow primer is from Urban Decay and I cant be without this. As soon as this isn't coming out the tube as easily as it should be I place and order for a new one, as I would hate to run out of it. This stuff keeps eyeshadow in place for a seriously amazing amount of time. 

As I could only get four of the five products I needed, I decided to pop into my local boots when I was in town and see if they had the last product I needed. I was looking for the L'Oreal cushion foundation, which is my go to summer foundation. Unfortunately for me they didn't have it either, there wasn't even a slot available for this foundation and I'm quite worried that they may have discontinued it!! While I was looking at the L'Oreal counter the new Lash Paradise mascara caught my eye. I've heard some great things about the mascara and decided I'd give it a try. They also do a Lash primer in the Lash Paradise too, so I thought I'd pick that up to see if its a decent primer, as I haven't come across a good drug store lash primer yet. L'Oreal was on 3 for 2 and as I'd already picked up two products that I wanted to try, I thought it would be stupid not to pick up the third item for free.

The third and free product I picked up from L'Oreal was this lip gloss. It's the L'Oreal infallible lip gloss in the shade never let me go, which is a light golden pink shade. I thought it would look really nice on holiday, as its the sort of colour that goes well with a tan.

I didn't end up finding my go to summer foundation in boots or on Feel unique, but strangely enough I ended up finding the foundation I was looking for on Amazon. I have a really bad feeling that they have discontinued this foundation, as I can't even see it on the L'Oreal website anymore. Its so annoying when this happens, but at least I was able to find one more pot of this for now, next year I'm going to have to discover a new foundation to see me through the summer. If your interested in why I love that foundation so much, you can check out the full review I did on the cushion foundation here.

What products do you always have to ensure you have with you on holiday?


ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me