Weddng Guest Outfit Ideas

We're in full swing of wedding season right now! I've already been getting super excited about weddings as later on this year my bestie is getting married and I'm lucky enough to have been asked to be one of her bridesmaids. We've talked lots about weddings over the last few months, so I've had weddings on the brain quite a bit. Which has meant while looking through Asos and scrolling through the what's New In Section, I've found myself going 'ooo that would be a nice wedding guest outfit'. Not that I need one with me being a bridesmaid, but I'm pretty sure my Mum and Sister will both need help when it gets nearer the time. I thought I would share with you all the lovely dresses I've seen so far in case any of you are in need of a wedding guest outfit. 

All these dresses are from Asos, I think there a great place to shop as they have many brands under one website. They also have fantastic delivery and returns. I've found plenty of dresses to show you, they all differ in price ranges so hopefully there is something for everyone. I'll start with the least expensive, working up to the most expensive.

 
 

The first dress is from Miss Guided and its at a very reasonable price. It's also one of those dresses that you can easily get wear out of for more than just a special occasion. This dress is cream and not white! I don't really agree with wearing a white dress on someones wedding day or even a cream dress to be honest. (But I'm talking about it being a plain white or cream dress, with no pattern) I do however feel that this is perfectly fine to wear to a wedding, as it has a bright floral pattern. 


 
  
I love the beautiful lace detail on this BooHoo dress. It midi length, has a v-neck, Cami straps and a zip back fastening. Its a dress that fits in around the waist more to give you shape and then flows over the rest of your body, which is a very flattering fit. 


 

You'll be seeing quite a few dresses from Asos own brand as they have some really beautiful dresses at some very decent prices. This dress is midi length, it's a one shoulder dress with ruffle detail down the one shoulder. This dress is also fit and flare, so its a flattering fit. This has a side zip with a hook and eye. What I really love about this dress is that the stripes are going in the right direction in the right areas. Meaning that this dress is very flattering and lengthens the body rather than making it look wider.


 

This is a very elegant looking dress, even though its a much shorter dress. The high neck and floaty material makes it look much more of an elegant occasion dress than just your average night out dress. I don't think this dress is cream, I actually think its a very pale pink. But like I said it doesn't really matter because of the pattern to this dress. This dress is sheer with a floral print, but it does have an extra layer underneath so your not flashing anything. The dress has a shirred stretch waist and floaty sleeves. I think this floaty floral dress would be perfect for a outdoor wedding and this is my favourite more affordable wedding guest dress.



  This is a cross over dress with a tie fastening, so you can tie it as tight or as loose as you'd like, to get that more comfortable fit. Sometimes these dresses can be a bit of a nightmare at the boob area, as they can gape too much. But a simple Cami top can make you feel more secure. This dress has flower embroidery, it has a ruffle hem and fluted sleeves. This dress would also be perfect for a outdoor wedding as its light and floaty for a warm summers day. 



I just love this dress, the pattern and the silk material is very oriental looking and I'm just loving this style. Its like a modern very wearable Geisha dress. This just like the last dress is also a wrap tie front dress, so you can make this dress fit you just right. I really like this dress and I think this would be great for not just weddings but for evenings out too.


  

The pattern on this dress is very on trend and very artsy looking. I would like this print in a frame to hang on my wall! I love the delicate baby pink against the harsh black smudges. Its girly and edgy at the same time. Its a very fitted dress with it being body-con, but it has a split to the front which should make it slightly easier to walk and sit down in. This dress would be great for nights out with the girls too!



This is a midi length dress, but it has a mini length lining. Its a body con fit, but the hem is fluted which makes it more flattering and easier to walk in. Its got a plunge v-neck, zip to the back and most importantly adjustable straps!! I wish that all dresses that had skinny Cami straps came with adjustable straps. I find I always have to alter my dresses as there is always too much strap for me, I don't know if any of you have the same problem?



I feel like this would be one of those cute dresses that's great for the day portion of the wedding, but still looks dressed up enough for the evening too. This dress has a lot of detail, with the lace and embroidery inserts to the hem of the dress and down the chest. This dress also has a lovely button detail to the back of it. Its a very feminine dress with a flattering fit. I alos feel like you could make this dress so much more causal for daytime wear, just by wearing some converse. Meaning you can get much more wear out of this dress.


 
 
This is a little more expensive for an Asos own brand dress. But as you can see its one of their premium dresses. The dress has a lot of detail to it with the floral embroidery to the front and back of the dress. Its got sheer arms with lace detail running down both the arms and across the very bottom of the dress. Its a flattering fit and a very easy to wear dress.



A gorgeous pink floral dress, with lattice detail to the chest and arms. Its a wrap tie front dress with a ruffle hem. This is a maxi length, but the wrap style of the dress still allows for some leg to be shown, again I feel like this can be worn in the day too. By making it more causal with the right footwear and accessories.



Isn't this dress so cute? Yes its lot more expensive than the others but this dress also has far more detail on it than any of the others. The gorgeous floral lace applique overlay is just so dreamy! Its got a high neck, it has that fit and flare flattering shape and its fully lined. This would be great for many weddings and would also work for future ladies days at the races.



Ted Baker dresses are always perfect for occasions. There great quality dresses that can be pulled out of your wardrobe time and time again. This dress has a huge floral print across the middle of the dress, it has scalloped edges and its in that flattering fit and flare shape. 



Lastly we have the most expensive dress and probably the most dreamy. This dress is very on trend with the lace and spot print. The main dress itself is sheer, but there is a Cami lining so no need to worry about flashing. Its got an asymmetric hem with a lace trim. Its got a high neck and is a midi length. This dress is gorgeous, but you would be limited to special occasions with the dress. However if you know you've got a lot of special occasions coming up, I think this would make a great addition to your wardrobe and is one that could be pulled out time and time again.


I hope this helped you figure out what to wear to the next wedding you go to. Or just give you inspiration for any other special occasion you have coming up. If you need any more inspiration then click here and you will be taken to all the dresses Asos have put together as wedding appropriate.

What's your thoughts on guests wearing white/cream to a wedding?

ReRe

To see even more from me ensure your following me on....



CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me