Blogmas Day 3 - Feeling Festive

What gets you feeling festive? For me its putting the tree up, its one of the main things I look forward to doing on the run up to Christmas. If you've read previous years blogmas posts then you'll probably know that me and the hubby have a traditional outing to Costa before putting our tree up. We like to enjoy a festive drink and some food before getting on with the decorating. 


This year I had the hazelnut praline latte, which tasted a little bit like a Nuttela latte!! It was so delicious, but I'm glad I went for a small as the next size up would have been way to sickly. We also grabbed a toastie each, I went for the pigs in blanket toastie, which I had last year and it was just as good. I did however want to try their mac n cheese with pigs n blankets, but they didn't have any on sale when we went, so I may have to pop in again sometime to try that. We also grabbed a slice of Yule log to share and that was just as nice too.


Usually every year I'll buy a new bauble for my tree, however this year I've just not seen any that grab my attention. Even though my tree is up and decorated it doesn't mean I wont keep a look out for extra decorations. I only bought two new things this year. One of them was new lights for the tree. A couple of years ago we upgraded our tree from a skinny 6ft to a fluffy 7ft tree with pine cones and berries on the branches. Its the best tree I've ever owned. But my lights that fit the 6ft tree just were being over stretched to fit the new 7ft tree and I kept saying I would pick some lights up in the sales, but of course kept forgetting. So this year I went ahead and made sure I bought some mid November so they would be ready and waiting for when we decorated the tree. I wish we'd got these lights sooner. They are the premier 1000 warm lights (which is the recommended amount for 7ft tree) and they just make the tree look so much better!


The other thing I bought was this hanging wooden decoration from Matalan. Its a long branch with snow on it, that has five bits of string hanging down it with snowflakes, reindeer's and pine cones. I ended up buying two of these as I thought they would look great hung in the front windows. Other than our wreath on the front door, we don't tend to have any decorations for outside, so our house doesn't ever look overly festive from outside. I thought this would add a bit more of a festive touch to the front of the house. To make it look even more festive, I wrapped some wire lights around the decorations.


Our front living room and hallway is finished and fully decorated for Christmas. Our kitchen doesn't look so festive at the moment, it has the odd decoration here and there. But I'll be buying a small tree that will sit on the breakfast bar. I think its nice to have some sort of real festive plant in the house. I have some little festive lights and decorations to go on it as well and this will just pull the kitchen together nicely. 




The things I've been on the hunt for this year, is nice festive dinner wear and serve wear. I'm excited about cooking Christmas dinner this year, so I wanted to go all out and get proper Christmas plates and decorate the table. I found these pretty white plates with gold stars on from Asda and these gold charger plates from Wilko. I want to get some gold cutlery to match the gold theme and I still need to get a runner and centre piece for the table.


Are your decorations up yet? 
Are you on the hunt for anything in particular to make your house feel that bit more festive? 

ReRe

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin

Keep up with Blogmas here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me