Blogmas Day 7 - Day 1-6 Beauty Advent Review

Who ended up getting themselves a beauty advent calender then this year then? You'll probably know from my beauty advent calender post that I ended up treating myself to two, as I just couldn't choose. I went with the Look Fantastic one, which I had last year and absolutely loved and I also went for The Glossybox one, which is brand new this year! It was a hard decision between knowing I loved one last year and the unknown, and it was a decision I ended up not making. Oops! I did however manage to get discounts off both the calenders and then when you look at the price paid vs value, I think they are well worth it and I don't feel bad about treating myself at all.



Last year I never really reviewed the advent calender. I was planning on doing it at the end, but then obviously Christmas came and I took my break and then it seemed really weird to be talking about and advent calender in January. So this year I've decided every six days to give you a run down of what the advent calenders had in them and what my thoughts are on the products.

Day 1

Look Fantastic - HD Brows Contour and Colour Pro Palette



Wow what a start to day one for the Look fantastic advent calender, a whole palette! This has six powders all together, three powder foundations, a bronzer, highlighter and blush. Two of the powder foundations are quite pale shades, which will suit my complexion quite well and there's one that's very dark. I cant use the dark one all over my face as it's way too dark, but it will be great to contour with. The bronzer, highlighter and blush are all shades that I think would work with many skin tones. The bronzer is a light-medium shimmery bronze, the highlight is a golden champagne and the blush is coral. I'm very impressed with this as day one, I'm looking forward to trying the palette and seeing how pigmented these powders are.

Glossybox - Nars Velvet Lip Glide - Immoral



There was two colours up for grabs, a pink and a red. I ended up with the pink one which I do really like, however red would have been much more festive. But I do own a lot of red lip products so I suppose its very nice to receive a colour I don't have a lot of. This is a semi-matte lip product, that glides on like a gloss but covers like a lipstick.



Day 2

Look Fantastic - Filorga Solution Micellaire Anti-Age



This is a 2 in 1 cleanser and make-up remover. Its a gentle formula, but promises to thoroughly cleanse the face of grime. I've not heard of this brand before, so I'm looking forward to trying a new brand. I'm actually going to save this as the size of this will be perfect for travelling and weekends away.

Glossybox - Nip and Fab Dragons Blood Fix Plumping Serum



This is a super hydrating and plumping serum. Its lightweight but deliverers an instant shot of moisture to dehydrated skin. This is exactly what my skin needs right now. The cold air and heating is starting to take its toll on my skin and the dry patches are slowly starting to appear.


Day 3

Look Fantastic - Percy & Reed Perfectly Perfecting Wonder Balm

 
This is a primer for your hair. Its a leave in balm that creates a base for any hairstyle which helps to add shine, moisture and control to your hair. I've had this before from a Birchbox and I did really like it, so its nice to have another one.

Glossybox - Yankee Candle Small Jar - The perfect tree



Three scents were up for grabs, there was the perfect tree, berry trifle and season of peace. I got the perfect tree, which I'm soo happy about! It smells like a real Christmas tree and I'm looking forward to burning it on the run up to Christmas.


Day 4

Look Fantastic - Glamglow Gravity mud  



This face mask is described as being an effective firming treatment that delivers a visible face lift. I've never tried a Glamglow mask before so I'm super excited to finally get to try one. I've heard such great things about Glamglow, I'm hoping the mask lives up to the hype.

Glossybox - Philip Kingsley Body Building Conditioner



This says its for fine, limp and flyaway hair. My hair is anything but fine, its extremely thick so I don't really want my hair looking any thicker! But I do like the idea that this will strengthen, untangle, add shine and reduce frizz. I will try this out, but I'm not sure if this product will be fully for me.



Day 5

Look Fantastic - BBB London ultra slim brow definer 



A brow pencil that has a very precise tip, which means that its easier to mimic individual brow hairs. Its waterproof, smudge proof and the brow pencil is infused with nourishing and conditioning ingredients. The colour of this brow pencil says Indian chocolate, so I'm thinking that this is going to be too dark. But I'll use it and soon see if it is.

Glossybox - MDMFlow Greater than mascara 



This mascara promises to separate, coat and curl each lash that will result in a volumising effect from sun-up to nightfall. I mean that's a big promise and I'm excited to see if it lives up to what it says. I'm also excited to see if it lives up to its easy -off formulation too. Meaning that this mascara should remove very easily with only warm water or a water based remover.




Day 6

Look Fantastic - Emma Hardie Brilliance Facial Oil



A lightweight nourishing facial oil. This oil is a mixture of 9 essential oils to re-balance, restructure skin and promote elasticity. I've heard quite a bit about this brand but I've never tried anything from them before. I'm looking forward to trying this and hopefully it can give my skin a bit of a moisture boost too.

Glossybox - 3INA The Lip Primer



This will achieve long lasting lipstick and smoother softer looking lips. I love primers I think they great, who doesn't want their products to last longer on their face. We spend all that time and effort making our make-up look spot on, so why not use a primer to ensure that make-up stays around longer without touch ups. This will become apart of make-up routine very quickly.

Quite a few of these products have been full size, not all of them but quite a few. However the smaller versions are either deluxe samples or travel sized versions, so there a great size to give the product a real good trial.

Look Fantastic: 2/6 full sized products
Glossybox : 3/6 full sized products

So far I'm loving both advent calenders and don't regret the choice to buy both as they are giving me very different products for so many different brands! But if I had to choose which one I'm loving more after these 6 days, I would say Glossybox. The products are so varied and are great sizes to really give them a try and I've been more excited to use those products first.

Look out for Blogmas Day 13 for the next instalment of the beauty advent calender review.

ReRe

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin

Keep up with Blogmas here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me