Blogmas Day 8 - Christmas Afternoon Tea

I wasn't quite sure if this was afternoon tea or a man vs food challenge. There was so much food! Usually I come away from an afternoon tea feeling just right, this one I came away feeling so full and felt I'd forced some bits down because I didn't want to waste anything! I don't think i've ever heard anyone moan there was too much food on an afternoon tea before! Not that I'm moaning really as it was lovely and I did really enjoy it.

Usually we go to one of my fave restaurants for our Christmas afternoon tea, however we saw this advert at a local pub and just couldn't not try this one. First the pots of tea arrived, because afternoon tea wouldn't be quite right without a pot of tea! Then out came two, yes two grey slate serving platters and these platters were not small! There was literally no room for anything else on the table, we had to squeeze our pots of tea to the side. But as you can see from the picture it looked amazing and guess what it tasted just as good! 

On the afternoon tea was a Yorkshire pudding filled with mash and a pig in blanket. Inside the giant mug was roasties, turkey wrapped in bacon, stuffing and a pig in blanket. This section alone filled me as it was like having a mini Christmas dinner, especially with the jug of gravy. There was also a mini steak pie, breaded mushrooms, chicken wings, scampi and deep fried Brie with all the dipping sauce you would need. The last of the savoury items was a cheese and pickle sarnie, a ham and piccalilli sarnie and a little salad. We ate most of the savoury items, I left the roasties, as there was far too many. We didn't eat the breaded mushrooms as we both don't like them and both of us left the salad as we just didn't see the point in it, too healthy haha!


The sweet part of the afternoon tea was two profiteroles filed with with cream and caramel, two mini brownies and meringue with strawberry coulis. I'm not going to lie the puddings where a struggle to squeeze in, but the whole thing was worth the squeeze.

Have you been for a Christmas themed afternoon tea yet?

ReRe

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin

Keep up with Blogmas here.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me