Blogmas Day 9 - Decluttering Lip Products

The next instalment of my declutter series is here! This time I'm decluttering all my lip products. Wow I had no idea just how many lip products I had until I started laying them all out. I thought I had a lot of nudes until I got to the reds! Looks like red is my favourite colour to buy and wear. To be honest red is my fave colour so that will be why, but I just don't get to wear it as often as I'd like to. Red tends to be my winter colour, so I only really wear it then.


I keep most of my collection in this draw here which is split into five. A section for lip balms, lip gloss/liquid lipsticks, lip crayons, lipsticks and lastly a section for lip pencils. I also have a container I keep on my make-up table, which I'm supposed to change up seasonally so I can see what I have and reach for something easily. However all the products in the container are still from summer! Oops!! 
Need to get myself a bit more organised I think.




I decided that I no longer wanted it organised in the way I had it, I thought I would organise it seasonally instead, which would make it so much easier to swap the container out on my make-up desk. I sorted them into spring, summer and winter. This meant I could take my storage down from five compartments to four. I would end up with two seasonally organised sections, one for lip balms and one for lip pencils. The third season would of course always be on the make-up desk in the container. 

First of all I went through my lip balms. I decided to get rid of four products and kept seven.


Cleared out....
Burts Bees - Lip shine,Whisper
Arrow Boost - Colour enhancing lip balm
Nivea Lip butter - Raspberry rose
Steve Laurant - Nude pop


Kept...
The Body shop - Born lippy, Strawberry
Sleek - Makeup pout polish, Bare minimum
Lanolips - Lemonade lip treatment
Pixi Shea butter lip balm - Ripe raspberry
Joules - Blackberry lip balm
Tinties -  Lip butter, Coral
Dr PawPaw - Original balm ( My absolute fave)


Next up was my lipsticks. I cleared these out in colour order. In total I cleared out 6 lipstick but kept 19, I didn't do too well at clearing these ones out did I?


Cleared out...
Burts Bees - Blush
Model Co - Kitty
No7 - Moisture drench, Chic
Urban Decay - Gwen Stefani, Firebird (sample)
Urban Decay - Gwen Stefani, Rocksteady (sample)
Urban Decay - Gwen Stefani, 714 (Sample) This is the perfect red by the way!


Kept - 
Nudes
Ted Baker - Nude
Urban Decay - Gwen Stefani,  Ex-Girlfriend
Benefit - Lady's choice
Too Faced - Birthday suit
Urban Decay - Liar
Pinks/Purples
Ted Baker - Pink
Urban Decay - Illicit
Urban Decay - Obsessed
Urban Decay - Ladyflower
MDMflow - Vamp
Benefit - No competition
Reds/Oranges
Benefit - They're Real, Lusty rose
Ted Baker - Red
Bellapierre - Mandarina
Rimmel - Lasting finish, 107
Illamasqua - Lava lips, Vixen
Urban Decay - F-bomb
Urban Decay - Gash
Maybelline - Coloursensation, Pleasure me red






After I failed at clearing out the lipsticks, especially the red part of my collection. I moved onto the lip gloss/liquid lipstick section. I cleared out an impressive 10 products here and kept 18.


Cleared out...
Urban Decay - Vice liquid lipstick, Amulet (Beautiful colour but unfortunately dried up)
Urban Decay - Vice liquid lipstick, Purgatory
Soap & Glory - Sexy mother pucker, Candy queen
Model Co - Lip laquer, Morocco
PS - High shine lip gloss
Lancome - Juicy tubes, Berlingot
Benefit - I'm with the band
Benefit - The glos, Streakin
Maybelline - Colour elixer, Blush essence
Urban Decay - Big fatty lip plumper (one of my first products from Urban Decay and kept hold of it for sentimental reasons, but I wont use it as its so old. So I sorted myself out and finally binned it)


Kept...
Fenty Beauty - Glossbomb, Fenty Glow
Fleur De Force - Starlight
Dior - Ultra gloss, Pearl
Mirenesse - Mattfinity lip rouge, Sydney
L'Oreal -  Xtreme resist, Never let me go
Essecne - Liquid lipstick, Show off
Urban Decay - Vice liquid lipstick, Backtalk
Nars - Istria
Tarte - Tartiest lip paint, Rose
Pixi - Liplift max, Honey sheen
Benefit - Sugarbomb
Rimmel - Apocalips, Galaxy
Huda Beauty - Liquid matte lipstick, Girlfriend
Sleek - Matte Me, Birthday suit
Urban Decay - High colour lipgloss, Scandal
Sleek - Matte Me, Shabby chic
Urban Decay - Vice liquid lipstick,Crimson
Tarte - Tartiest, Fomo


Lastly I cleared out the lip crayons. I only cleared out 3 from my collection and ended up keeping 16, which again I know is pretty poor. But I just loved all the swatches of them, I know I wear them and they were all quite different from each other in colour.


Cleared out...
Soap & Glory - Sexy mother pucker gloss stick, Nudist
Soap & Glory - Sexy mother pucker gloss stick, Bashful
Model Co - Colour lip stix  


Kept...
Sleek - Power plump, Notorious nude
Revlon - Colourburst matte balm, Elusive insaissable
Soap & Glory - Sexy mother pucker gloss crayon, Fuchsiaristic
Laqa & Co - Lip lube
Revlon - Just bitten kissable, Rendezvous
Rimmel - Colour rush - Viva violet
PS - Velvet matte lipstick crayon, Ballerina
LOC - Ultra gloss lip pencil, Bohemian rose
Jelly pong pong - Lip blush, Cranberry
PS - Velvet matte lipstick crayon, Shameless
Nars - Satin lip pencil, Golshan
Lord & Berry - Crayon lipstick, Kiss
LOC - Vibrant matte lipstick, Colour me confident
Laqa & Co - Cloud lips, Daydream
Lord & Berry - crayon lipstick, Intamacy
New Look - Matte velvet, Morroco


Everything I cleared out this time unfortunately had to go in the bin, as they were either well out of date or I'd used them quite well. There was no way I would want to offer anyone a used lip product, thats just not right! But I was very happy with what I managed to clear out, I took my collection down by a third. As you can see I didn't clear out my lip pencils and this is because I don't generally have a large lip pencil collection. I have only the odd few that I use all the time, I have one red, a couple of different shades of nude and a plum one




Have I made you want to clear through your collection and get yourself organised?

ReRe

Follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin

Keep up with Blogmas here.

CONVERSATION

1 comments:

  1. Great site! I am loving it!! Will come back
    again. I am bookmarking your feeds also

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Follow Me