Blogmas day 9 - Ciate Geltox review

I always want my nails to look good, but I don't have time to go to a salon and get my nails done. Getting your nails done can also be quite costly, so I wanted to find an at home gel nail kit. I came across the Ciate Geltox starter kit. This had good reviews and the bonus to this is that you can use your own nail varnish. This was the main selling point for me as I have a lot of nail polishes, and I didn't want the cost of buying all the gel polishes to go with a gel set.

 

Included in the starter set is the Geltox led lamp, Geltox top coat, Geltox cleanser, hoof stick and a four way buffer.  This set costs £99 but I have seen this recently in tkmaxx for £30, once you've bought the starter kit you then only need to bust the Geltox top coat which costs £29. You would also need to buy the Geltox removal kit so you can remove this from your nails properly. These cost £25 but again I've seen them in tkmaxx for £7.99.

 

This can be very simple and easy to do but it may take a couple of attempts to get it right. I'm not going to lie this took me three attempts to apply this correctly. The first time was 100% my fault for not reading the instructions properly on the led lamp. The led lamp turns on when you press the button but if you only press it quickly it only cures your nails for 30 seconds but they need to be cured for 60 seconds. When I read through the instructions it says you need to hold the button down for a couple of seconds to cure for 60 seconds. As I didn't read this through properly I only cured my nails for 30 seconds meaning they didn't set properly. This led to them still being s bit tacky and then peeling off the next day.

 

On my second attempt I ended up doing the gel too thick which again meant they didn't cure properly, leaving them sticky and peeling off the next morning. On my third attempt I finally cracked it, I applied two thin layers and made sure that I went over the edge of my nail. There was no stickiness this time and they didn't peel off. I've had the gel on my nails for 12 days now and it was only yesterday that I've started to see a few chips, but they weren't major chips. (See photo below). I think I can get another day or two out of them now they've started to chip, so if I had of reapplied a layer of gel after 1 week I think I would have got 2 weeks if not a few more days wear before chipping.

 

Pros about this gel set is that you can use your own nail polish, it doesn't take too much time to do, lasts up to two weeks on your nails and nails look super shiny. There is only one con to this set which is that it can take a few attempts to get it right but it's worth sticking with it because the results are great.

 

What's your favourite at home gel nail set?

 

ReRe

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me