Foodie Friday - What 1200 Calories looks like

I generally try to stick to 1,200 calories in the week, so that I can enjoy my weekend with some tasty food. This method ensures that I either stay around the same weight or loose a couple of pounds over the month. I originally started only have 1,200 calories and having only one treat day so that I could loose the weight. Now that I'm at the weight that I'm happy with, I just use it to maintain my weight, which is why I have the two treat days now. 1,200 Calories seems like absolutely nothing, but if you make the right kind of choices it can feel like you've eaten loads and be full. I'm going to share a full day of what I eat, so you can see what 1,200 calories can actually looks like.

Breakfast = 279 


I always start my morning off with a pint of cold water and a slice of lemon. I drink this while make my breakfast, this helps in aiding in digestion and kickstarts the metabolism.
My breakfast today was a bagel thin topped with lurpak lightest butter and my fave scrambled eggs. To wash this down I also had a berry burst green tea and I also took a multivitamin.

Snack1 = 40

Between 10 and 11 I like to have a little snack, today I have 2 Mandarins. I pre-peeled these so they were easier to eat at my desk at work.

Lunch = 276

I made my self a sandwich to take to work. Its a Kingsmill sandwich thin with lightest Philadelphia instead of butter, wafer thin ham and lettuce. I also have hula hoop pufts, which are a healthier option for crisp,s but they still taste so good. Lastly is my peach weight watchers yogurt, this is a greek yogurt with a layer of fruit compote.

Snack2 = 66

After my workout I like to have a snack, this keeps me going until tea time. Ive got strawberries and a cup of tea. Also by now I have drank two bottles of water.

Dinner = 214

My evening meal is usually between 400 and 500 calories but it was super healthy today. I had Basa fillet of fish that had a spicy chorizo sauce with Mediterranean cauli rice. It was my first time trying the cauli rice. I actually had the full bag to myself as it was such low in calories and I thought it would keep me full. It was actually really nice, did not taste like cauliflower at all. All of this was washed down with another pint of water.

Snack3 = 332

As my tea was so low in calories this meant I had a lot of calories left over for my snack. Usually I would only get about a 100. So usually it would only be a couple of squares of dark chocolate or a fibre one bar. I decided to stay away from sweet stuff today for my evening snack as I know I'm going to be eating quite a bit this weekend with My husband and friends. I went for cucumber sticks with houmous and some pecan nuts. I also had another cup of tea.

Total for today = 1208 calories

(Just so you know I never account for the milk in my tea, but I don't really have a lot of milk in my tea. I do limit myself to two cups of tea a day though, otherwise I would just drink tea all day and no water)

Let me know in the comments if you want to see more of my 1,200 calorie meals.

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere or on bloglovin to keep up to date with new blog posts.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me