Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Foundation

Tarte is a well known brand that I wish I could get my hands on more easily. Yes I know you can get it from QVC, but it's not the same. They don't have the proper shade ranges and you have to buy more of some of the products than you want, like two mascara's rather than one. When I was in Chicago I wanted to pick up the new rainforest foundation, but to my horror Sephora was sold out in my shade. Very sad times. So I ended up buying it from QVC. The shade I chose from QVC was fair, which is fair neutral. The actual shade I wanted in the shops was light neutral. I couldn't go up a shade on QVC as I read that the shade light was actually light sand and not light neutral. So that shade would have been way too yellow for me. The shade I ended up with still looks ok, it actually matches up with my skin colour perfectly. Its more of a winter shade for me that I can bronze up a bit, as in the summer I like to go a bit darker to match the rest of my skin that gets tanned.

This is lightweight, but its still a full coverage foundation. Its the first foundation I've come across that is a medium to high cover foundation but doesn't leave you with that heavy feeling on your face. This formula contains 20% of water to quench dry skin, so it will keep your face hydrated all day. If your prone to oily skin then this wont be the best foundation for you. I'm combination, my dry patches are quite bad in the winter and in the summer my skin can be way too oily. This is another reason why this will be a great foundation for me in the colder months.

This foundation should mask any redness, cover dark spots, hide uneven skin tone and soften the look of pores and fine lines. It definitely delivers what it says. I don't feel like I need a primer to cover my pore,s as this foundation covers everything and makes my skin look flawless. I couldn't wear this foundation in the summer though, as throughout the day the foundation starts to sit on my skin weirdly. Due to my oily skin, It ends up actually drawing attention to my pores as it just sits on top of each pore. But on a cooler day this doesn't happen and the foundation will look as perfect as it did when I first applied it. That was another reason for why I said earlier, that I don't think this is a foundation for people who are prone to oily skin. 

The packaging for this foundation has to be one of the prettiest I own. Its a clear glass bottle, which kind of scares me in case I drop it. But I love that you can see how much product you have left. The lid is purple and gold with a button on the top. When you unscrew the top, you will find a dropper, you just the press the button to suck up the foundation and then press it again to dispense the foundation. It's perfect as this foundation is watery, so it means you can dispense the amount you need more easily than if your where to pour it out. The only downside with this packaging is that the neck of the bottle isn't quite wide enough. So when you put the dropper back into the bottle you can end up scraping the neck of the bottle and end up with foundation dripping down the side. 

All in all I really like this foundation and as I've already said a few times, this will be a great foundation for me in the winter or anyone with normal/dry skin. I'm really looking forward to using this in the colder months, especially with its hydrating properties. I know it will keep my skin hydrated in the harsher weather.

 Do you have specific foundations for the summer and winter?

ReRe 

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere or on bloglovin for upcoming blog posts.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me