Vegas - Day to Night Make-up

By now you all know my love for travelling. One place I never thought I would visit was Las Vegas. It didn't interest me as I'm not a gambler. My husband on the other hand really wanted to go. He enjoys a bit of gambling and it was something that he'd been wanting to do for a while. So last year we made the trip out there. Do you know what?, I actually loved every minute of it! I was worried that I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing on the machines, but the slot machines were so easy to use, all you really had to do was press a button and pray!! I also enjoyed playing on the blackjack electronic tables, especially the day I actually won more money than Paul. If you're not much of a gambler though don't worry, you'll find there's something to suit everyone in Vegas. There's also plenty of deals to suit everyone's budget, why not check out some Vegas deals here!


I was challenged by Vegas.com to share with you how I would take my make-up from a day look, to an evening look. Who doesn't love a good challenge, I accepted their challenge and got to work straight away. I thought it would be a great opportunity to share some beauty ideas and tips with you that I picked up when I was there last year. Its going to be a long post so grab a drink, get comfy and get ready to see my two Vegas looks.


For my day look I've gone for a quick bronzed look that can be done in 5-10minutes. There's plenty of things to do in Vegas and you don't want to waste too much time in the day applying make-up. My tip would be to keep things minimal and use products that will keep shine at bay, have staying power and keep the skin hydrated.  As while exploring Vegas your most likely going to be in and out of every hotel, checking out how different they are on the outside and on the inside. That will mean your going to be in and out of desert sunshine and air con hotels. Which can be drying on the skin.

To start off my look I've took benefit dream screen. This has spf45, its oil free and sinks into skin fast. This is a product you would apply after your moisturiser, but before any kind of foundation. This is a key beauty product to use, to keep your skin protected from that sun.

I've decided to go with my benefit dew the hoola liquid bronzer for my face rather than a foundation. I just wanted something really light that would add some colour to my skin, but also allow it to breath. Then I've applied my Maybelline fit me concealer, in the shade fair on any redness and on my dark circles. That all gets set into place by my Benefit pore-fessional pro powder. This powder is amazing, it helps to keep the shine at bay and minimises pores giving you that flawless look.

For the eyes I've gone super simple. I've took my urban decay primer potion, a must if you want your eyeshadow to stay on all day. I've then applied my Maybelline colour tattoo in the shade, on and on the bronze. I applied this all over my lid and blended it in and above the crease. Then I took the shade blonde, out of my urban decay Gwen Stefani palette and used this on my brow bone and inner corner of my eye. The eyeliner I chose was Kat Von D's tattoo liner in trooper. This is a real long lasting liner and it doesn't smudge, so its perfect for the heat. My mascara is benefits roller lash, I didn't want anything over the top, just something to give my lashes a curve. Lastly for my eye area is my brows, I used my benefit Ka-brow gel. This stuff is waterproof, so it isn't going to budge throughout the day at all.


Back to the face and I took Urban decays Gwen Stefani blush palette. I used Lo-Fi for my bronzer and chose cherry for my blusher. Cherry is quite a subtle flush of pink, so its not too over the top for the day. The important step not to miss out is a finishing spray. I sprayed urban decays all nighter setting spray on my face, to keep my look locked in all day. This is also a great product to pop in your bag and spritz on your face every now and then if your feeling a little hot, as its nice and cooling on the skin.


With being in and out of the air con and sun all day I wanted my lips to be protected from the sun by having SPF, but also kept hydrated from the drying air con. So for my last beauty item for my day time look I chose Hawaiian tropics lip balm, in Island berry.

We stayed at the MGM Grand when we visited Vegas. We really enjoyed staying at this hotel, it had everything we needed, most of them do offer the same facilities though. There were far more elaborate hotels than the one we stayed in but one of my favourites was the cosmopolitan. It was chic, modern and just super glitzy looking. It just looked like a girls dream hotel to be honest, with giant shoe statues around the hotel.


My evening look is going to be inspired by the cosmopolitan hotel. So its going to be glam and glitzy. Whether your going out to a nightclub, an amazing show or a sunset helicopter ride your going to want to kick your make-up up a gear.

Firstly I want to get the days dirt off my face, to do this I used a face wipe to remove the days make-up and freshen up my face.

To ensure my make-up lasts all night no matter what I'm doing, a primer is needed. I'm using the benefits pore-fessional primer, its the base for your foundation that will keep it lasting all night long. Next I'm using Estee Lauder's double wear foundation in the shade, pure beige. I only have a sample of this at the moment, but I do need to and will be purchasing the full sized version soon. This is an amazing foundation, that's great for events and special occasions as it just makes your face look flawless and is long lasting. Concealer is my Maybelline fit me in the shade fair. This conceals my under eyes and any redness. This all gets set into place with benefits pore-fessioanal pro powder.


Onto the eyes and where I'm going to take this look up a notch. Starting with the all important urban decay primer potion, this ensures my eye make-up lasts the night. I'm going to be using the Urban decay, Gwen Stefani eye shadow palette for this look. First up I've taken the shade blackout and applied this on the outer corner of my eye and in my crease in sort of a winged way. Then I took the shade 1987 and applied it all over my lid where there was no black and then I blended them together.

I then used the shade bathwater and applied this on the brow bone. I took the shade steady and used that to transition blackout into bathwater. To highlight my brow bone even more and the inner corner of my eye I used the shade blonde. Then I moved to under my eye. I took a little more of blackout and blended it on the outer corner. I then went for a pop of bright pink just to add a touch more girliness to my look, this shade is called harajuku. Then right on the inner corner I applied pop to add a touch of glitter and again brighten the inner corner up.

I lined the top of my eye very thinly with Kat Von D's liner in trooper. I also lined my waterline with soap and glory's smoulder kohl. My eyebrows were filled in using Benefits new Ka-brow gel. I decided this look needed false lashes to add some more glam to my look. Firstly I applied my mascara from too faced, Its the better than sex mascara and its one of my all time favourites. The lashes I'm using are The vintage cosmetic company's, these are the Betty ones. I prefer half lashes, I seem to be able to apply them better and I only really like crazy lashes on the edges of my lashes. The glue I used was Revlon's clear lash gel. Once they were set in place I used my mascara again to blend the falsies and my real lashes together.



For bronzer, blusher and highlighter I used the Urban decay Gwen Stefani blush palette. The bronzer I used was lo-fi. The blusher was easy, this is a shimmery dark pink and the highlighter was angel, which is a golden glow. For my lips I used a lip liner from No7 in the shade nude. My lipstick is by Urban decay from the Gwen Stefani collection, its the shade ex-girlfriend.



That's my night look all completed with Urban Decay's all nighter setting spray, to stop my make-up budging. I also curled my hair to match the super glam make-up.

I've really enjoyed writing this post for you all and I've had such fun looking through all my old Vegas photos. If your thinking of going to Vegas soon there's definitely a few things I would recommend, a sunset grand canyon helicopter tour, a Cirque Du Soleil show, visiting the Vegas sign, seeing the Bellagio fountains and obviously visiting all the hotels while enjoying a spot of gambling. If you are thinking of visiting and haven't booked yet why not check out Vegas.com and check out their latest deals. Its not just to book hotels you can book flights, shows, helicopter rides, nightclubs and other attractions all on one website.

If you have any questions about Vegas leave me a comment and ill try and answer your question, or better yet you can always ask the professionals at Vegas.com.

Which was your favourite look, leave me a comment?

Thanks for reading

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and bloglovin to keep up to date with new posts.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me