Friends, Food and Getting locked in a room

Last Sunday Me, My husband, My best friend and her partner all jumped into a car and headed off down to Leeds for a day of food, shopping and bonding.

We couldn't start our day of naughty food off without getting a breakfast together. On our way to Leeds we stopped off at Frankie and Benny's in Scunthorpe. I went for my usual a latte and pancakes with bacon and syrup. Oh heavenly pancakes, how I do wish I could eat you everyday!


When we arrived in Leeds we did the obvious thing we came to do, hit the shops and spend some of our hard earned cash. I wanted a good look around at all the new season clothes that have arrived into the shops. My main search was for my perfect black jeans. I wanted them to be high waisted, tight fitting but I still wanted them to be comfy and stretchy. Check back next Friday to see what I bought in Leeds.


When we had finished shopping we decided to go get some food, we had worked up a big appetite after all the shopping. We decided to go eat at one of mine and Paul's favourite restaurants in Leeds, called The Botanist. Its such a cute place, its like your inside a potting shed. The presentation of the food is amazing and everything tastes even better than it looks. I went for the whole hog and ordered starter, main and dessert. For my starter I ordered homemade scotch egg with piccalilli. This was delicious, it was so crispy on the outside and the egg was still slightly runny which was perfect. I've never tried piccalilli before, but I loved it and I thought it went so well with the egg. 


For my main I went for one of their hanging kebabs. You can order this in chicken, beef or lamb, I went for the chicken. It looks amazing when it arrives and the taste doesn't disappoint. They pour over a garlic butter which drips down over the chicken and into the bowl at the bottom which holds your chips. It was so frigging tasty, I think I was the first one out of the four of us that finished their main. 


It was a tough decision for pudding on whether to go for the usual chocolate fudge cake I like to ram in my mouth, or the baked chocolate chip cookie dough. I ended up with the baked cookie dough. It was a great decision! It came in a skillet with salted caramel sauce and toffee ice cream. The cookie was so soft and gooey, it was just amazing.


After we had consumed our body weights in food we headed off to the next and last exciting thing we had planned for our Sunday fun. We went to Tick Tock Unlock, this is an escape room game. If you have never been to one of these before or heard of them, then let me fill you in. Basically you get locked in a room, that will be themed and have a story to it. Your then given 60 minutes to find clues to help you unlock locks that release more clues and codes to eventually help you escape the room. 

The room we chose was The Hatch. Our story was that we were secret agents. Our Mission was to stop the destruction of Leeds and Escape the room, all in 60 minutes. We absolutely loved this! As soon as the door closes your 60 minutes start. There is a computer screen in the room that displays the time ticking down, this will also display extra clues if you need that extra help. We worked together really well, found all the clues and unlocked all the locks. A few of them we did need a little help with but there's no shame in that. It's crazy how 60minutes can fly by, you may think you've been doing really well and all of a sudden you only have 10 minutes left. Under the 10 minutes mark panic can start to hit in around here, as you don't know how many more clues and codes stand in your way before the final code to the door. We panicked under the 10 minute mark but luckily for us, we did manage to escape and we had just over 4 minutes spare. We were gripped by the game and so happy to have managed to escape. They have a new room opening soon, The Alice in wonderland room. I can't wait to go back and try to the Alice room, its one of my favourite Disney films. 


I hope you enjoyed reading about what we got up to last Sunday. Let me know if you've tried any escape rooms and if you did let me know, What was the room?, Where was it? and did you escape?

ReRe

Follow me on Twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin for updates on new posts.




CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me