October Favourites

Happy Halloween!! October has been a bit of a funny month really. I don't actually think its felt like October for a lot of this month, its just not been cold enough. Don't get me wrong, I know its got colder. But there's only really been a couple of times I've felt, I've had to put my coat on. Most days I feel I can just get away with a thick jumper. Usually by now, I'm wrapped up with my coat and scarf.  I suppose, its only been this last week that its started to feel like autumn, as the leaves have really fell off the trees and the nights are getting darker quicker. I've had some good fun this month though with my partner and friends. We went to Nottingham for one of our friends birthday, ate some great food, drank lots of cocktails and just made some good memories. Anyway it's that time were I let you know, what I've been loving in the beauty world this month.

Parlor - Detangling Leave In Conditioner
Even using a tangle teezer my hair can still be difficult to brush. My hair is thick, so it gets quite knotty. This detangler moisturises, detangles, adds shine and protects from heat. This spray has sweet almond extract, that not only adds a sweet scent to this detangler. It also helps to deliver softness, sleekness and volume without adding weight. This also has vitamin B5, which helps to keep the scalp feeling healthy.
It's really helped me to be able to brush through my hair, in record time. My hair has also become shiny and soft too, after using this. Anything that helps me brush through my thick hair quicker, becomes a favourite of mine very quickly.

Amika - Bombshell Blowout Spray
This wonderfully smelling spray not only protects hair from heat damage. But it also adds texture, volume and helps to repair your hair. I'd never heard of this brand before and most likely wouldn't have discovered how amazing this spray is, without it being sent to me as a sample in my monthly birchbox. I've only been using this for around a month now and I've already made quite a dent in the product. I love how my hair seems to dry and style better using this spray and how my hair continues to smell amazing even when dry.

Jane Iredale - Smooth Affair
Another sample I have received in a recent birchbox was this primer by Jane Iredale. This primer promises to do quite a lot. The primer is packed with ultra -nourishing ingredients that smooths your complexion, minimises the look of your pores and even your wrinkles. It also delivers hydration, anti-ageing benefits and leaves skin naturally luminous. I've been enjoying using this as it leaves my skin feeling silky soft, my skin doesn't look dull and it keeps my skin that extra bit hydrated. It also has a pleasant orange smell to it.

Lord & Berry - Maxi Matte Crayon Lipstick
Yes this is another Birchbox sample. I feel like this months favourites are all about birchbox samples, but when they have been putting such great products in their boxes its bound to happen. This may be a 90's beauty trend, to have matte lip. But I am 90's child and what can I say, I love a matte lip. The shade of this lip crayon is called intimacy. Which I would describe as a mauve nude colour. I'm really into lip crayons, there easy to apply. You can line your lips easily with the pointed edge and then fill your lips in with the side. I have another one of these in a red shade, they are great as they don't dry your lips out like some matte lip products. These have an intense colour pay off and are quite long lasting.

Benefit Blusher - Thrrrob
This blusher is the perfect natural flush. It gives you that really pretty I've been out in the cold for a couple of hours flush. I always seem to crack this blusher out around this time, it just seems perfect for autumn and spring. This was actually the blusher I wore for my wedding day! Sadly though I went to find this blusher online, so that I could link to it and found out that they have discontinued it. I have no idea when this product was discontinued. But another one that I do tend to fall in love with around this time of the year, is benefits dandelion as its another natural looking flush of colour. Dandelion however, is a ballerina pink were as thrrrob was a more deeper pink.

Benefit Perfume - Laugh With Me LeeLee
I think this perfume probably features in my monthly favourites around this time every year. For me this is such a winter smell. I think that's because its got quite a woody scent. It does have floral notes, but think more oriental flowers. It's not an overpowering scent, its light and it's a really nice day time perfume. I would have never associated benefit with perfume. If I hadn't of been bought this as a Christmas present one year, I don't think I would have ever have tried it. This is now my second bottle of this perfume, which shows how much I like it. Its very rare that I get through a bottle of perfume, never mind getting the chance to repurchase a bottle of perfume.


Let me know what's been your favourite thing this month.


ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday so be sure to check back then.






CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me