Primark Beauty

Many of you may already know this, but for those of you who don't. Primark, our wonderfully cheap clothing store has their own beauty line! I know crazy right? There's actually a few clothing shops that have there own beauty line. New Look and Topshop are the only other ones I know of at the moment. Topshop's beauty line is already quite well known, and a lot of people already think quite highly of the products. I've not heard too much about New Looks make-up yet. But I'm sure that's about to change, as they are re-launching there make-up line soon. 

Anyway back to Primark's make-up line. I have seen the beauty section, when I've shopped in Primark before. Like the fashion items, the make-up too has a very cheap price. That's why I've never tried it. The thought of "its too cheap so it must be rubbish" came to mind. It was only when I received a full sized sample in my glossy box, from Primark beauty. That I became intrigued to try more items from their make-up line. 

The item I received from my glossy box was the miracle pencil. Its called this because it can contour lips, brighten eyes and conceal, all for £2. Now personally, I would never want to use the same product on my eyes, lips and spots. But in the spirit of testing the product out to its full potential. I did use it in all three ways, but ensured I sharpened it after every use so it was more hygienic. This totally fails at concealing. I am very pale, and the shade i received is called natural. This shade was so light, that its lighter than my very pale skin. It actually ended up, drawing attention to the areas I wanted to conceal. I didn't really like it on the lips either. I mean it worked really well at contouring them, but I just found it too thick for this area. I loved it however, for brightening the eyes. Its perfect for the waterline, it really makes your eyes look awake. It actually lasts quite a bit on your water line too, so for £2 I didn't think this liner was all that bad. 

After sampling that first product, I made my way to Primark to hunt out some other beauty products. I bought six items from the beauty section and spent between £13.50-£14.50. (I can't quite remember the price of one of the products) Not bad at all for six products. I picked up a primer, foundation, lip liner, lip crayon, eye shadow palette and lastly some blending sponges.

The primer I picked up cost £3 and is called perfect glow primer. This should illuminate and smooth the skin. It should help blur the appearance of skin imperfections too. Its packaged in a gold squeezable tube, with a black screw lid. The primer comes out a pearly white shade, and is quite thick. But rubs in quite easily. For it being only £3, it has quite a pleasant smell to it. Once applied this gives you a radiant glow, while also helping to keep your foundation on that little bit longer. I wouldn't say it hides skin imperfections, but it does leave it feeling smoother. I think this helps to prep your skin, for your foundation to sit and last on your skin better throughout the day. I actually really liked this primer and for the price of the product, it didn't irritate my skin. Which is what I was worried about.

Next up is the foundation. I picked up the liquid foundation in the shade ivory, for £2.50. It says this foundation is specially formulated to give a natural finish, whilst also giving a medium coverage. It should give a semi-matte appearance and has an oil-free formulation. It should also feel lightweight on the skin. The foundation should apply easily and give a flawless application. The formula of this foundation also contains moisturising agents to the hydrate the skin. The packaging again is a simple squeezable tube, this time its all black. It also has the same black screw lid. The scent of the foundation is again quite pleasant. You don't need too much of this foundation, as a little goes along way. This really blends quite nicely into the skin. Its doesn't feel cakey and it hasn't aggravated any dry or oily areas I have. When applied it actually makes  my skin look flawless and healthy. A big thumbs up for this foundation from me. 

Onto the eyeshadow palette. This has nine shades for £2.50. Its doesn't have a name. But the one I picked, its full of browns, bronze and purple shades. All which I thought were perfect for autumn. The eyeshadow's sit in a matte black case, with a clear window, so you can see the shadows. It has a magnetic close and has gold writing on the clear window Only three shades in this nine shade set are a little lacking in pigmentation. That's the top two in the first row and the bottom one in the third row. All the others, I would say have quite acceptable pigmentation. These shades work really well together. I think its a  nicely put together, little palette. I like it, but I do prefer my other palettes I own, as there much more buttery in texture and way more pigmented. But this palette would be  perfect for anyone who is just starting to get into make-up. As they are all wearable shades, that are quite neutral. I've swatched the shades below so you can see the colours and pigmentation for yourself. 

First Row

From the bottom up we have...
Pearly white - perfect for highlighting
Light golden brown - perfect base colour
Light brown - another perfect base colour

Second Row

From the bottom up we have....
Rose gold
Bronze
shimmery purple
These shades are great for adding a pop of colour to your eyes

Third row

From the bottom up we have....
Light gold - Good for all over the eye
Dark shimmery brown - Great for smoking up your look
Dark bronze/brown - Very similar to the shade below it, just slightly lighter and again good for a smokey look
 

As you know, I'm really loving matte lips at the moment. So this lip crayon really stood out to me. Its a velvet matte lipstick crayon, which costs £2. I picked up the shade, Ballerina. This is a pink nude colour, which is a very flattering shade and is a great autumnal nude. It is a matte lip crayon, but its soft feeling on the lips. Or as the name suggests, velvety on the lips. My lips never felt dry because of this texture. Which was nice, often lips become very dry from matte lip products. This lasted really well. I had to reapply after eating or drinking, as it had slightly worn away. But other than that, I was impressed. I really like the packaging on this. The middle is black with gold writing, which looks sleek. The lid and end of the product is the same colour as the lipstick. Which I like, as it makes it easier to see what colour your grabbing. I really like this lip product. I'm even thinking of going back and buying more in different shades.

The lip liner I picked up was only £1. The shade I chose was rosewood mauve. On me it looks like a berry colour. However, on my mum it looked a more of a brown shade. That's probably down to our skin colours, I'm quite fair skinned and my mum is more medium tanned. I picked this shade up because one, I liked the look of it and two, I thought it would be perfect to go under a sheer lip gloss I had in the same colour. I ended up just using the lip liner on its own, for a more matte look. Told you I'm obsessed with the matte lip look. But the main reason I decided to use this on its own. Was because it actually quite a creamy lip liner. Some of them can feel very dry on your lips. So they need that lipstick or gloss on top. But this one felt nice on my lips, and it was a great colour to wear on its own. 

Lastly is the blending sponges. You got four sponges. A pink one which is the biggest, two orange medium sponges and one mini green sponge. I picked these up because I love the original beauty blender and I'm always on the look out for a cheaper alternative. For four sponges it cost £2.50 or £3.50. I can't quite remember which price it was, but either price is amazing for four sponges. The pink one, wasn't that great to be honest. It was too hard, so it didn't feel nice to use at all! 
The mini green blending sponge. I thought would be perfect for around the eye area. This one was the softest of all the sponges, so perfect for the eye area. But this one was also quite disappointing. It didn't blend my concealer well and leave it looking flawless like my beauty blender does. Instead it left it looking cakey, which is not a great look at all. 
The orange sponges however, I really liked. They were harder than the green sponge, but much softer than the pink. (I feel like Goldilocks here but instead of beds, its sponges) Anyway, any of you that have read previous blog posts, will know just how much I hate cream blushers. Well I decided to give a cream blusher a go. With the orange sponge, the cream blusher applied beautifully. It didn't apply too much, giving you the chance to apply more if needed. Applying it with this blending sponge meant that my other make-up was not being disturbed by the cream product. Although I didn't like the pink or green blending sponges. It was definitely worth buying this pack, to find these orange sponges. They have become my cream contouring sponges. They are the prefect size for contouring and I'm glad I can finally use a few cream products that I'd deemed unusable for me. 

If you can't tell. I was really surprised how good some of the products were from Primark. I was not expecting to like any of the products and thought I would be giving them all away to my niece to play with. In actual fact I have found some really nice new products, that I'm quite happy to add to my make-up collection. 

If you have ever tried any products from Primark's beauty line, what was your favourite? 
Leave me a comment and maybe I can go try that next time. My favourite so far though, has to be the velvet matte lipstick crayons.


ReRe

Don't forget to follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin. To keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so make sure to stop by then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me