January Favourites

January has been a busy month for me. I've had quite a few birthdays to attend, an engagement meal, lunch out with friends and also spent this month trying to de-clutter my life. Over the past two weeks I've also been lucky enough to get lots of overtime at work. It's surprising how a few more hours everyday at work, can really tire you out! Its been worth it though, as the extra money I've earned has helped go towards our holiday, which we finally booked this month. To say I'm excited is an understatement! But as I said in my new years resolution post, I want to travel to one new place a year, in our quest to travel the world. This year we've actually booked a multi-centre holiday and will be visiting not one, but two destinations. We will be going to Singapore and Bali. I'm so excited and now can't wait for April to come round.

Anyway it's time to go through my January favourites. This month I have six products to share with you, one of them is skincare and the other five are all beauty items.

Urban Decay - Naked Ultimate Basics.

First up we have the wonderful new eyeshadow palette I got for Christmas. I've used this every single day since opening it on Christmas morning.This palette has 12 matte shades and includes a mini double ended eyeshadow brush. The shades range from light nude to purple, orange, brown, grey and black. Like any Urban Decay eye shadows these are buttery soft, very pigmented and are long lasting. If I had to choose just one palette to use for the rest of my life, then this would be it. This really does cover all your basic eye shadows that you would ever need. So far I have used all but two shades out of this palette, which are faith and lockout. I'm not saying I don't like these shades, I just haven't got around to using them yet. I find that every single shade in this palette is wearable and really very nice to use. Its nice to have more matte shades in my collection. I have a lot of shimmery eye shadows in my stash and although I still love them, my obsession with matte products has spread from the lips to the eyes.

Urban Decay - Naked Skin One & Done
You will have seen this product in my 2016 favourites post, earlier on this month. This is a foundation I usually use more in the summer time, because its a light weight. Usually in the winter months I use something that gives a bit more coverage. But just recently I switched back to this and have been loving using this everyday. My skin has been looking really quite nice over the last few months, so I haven't actually needed anything with medium coverage. This foundation is a hybrid cream which combines the benefits of a sheer foundation with the coverage of a tinted moisturiser. This foundation feels weightless, imperfections are blurred and skin is left looking flawless. Overtime the nourishing ingredients in this foundation helps to improve the skin by reducing the size of pores and leaving the skin looking more radiant and firmer. I can say since making the switch back to this foundation, my skin has never looked better.

Urban Decay - Naked Skin Concealer
I promise that this is the last Urban Decay product in this months favourites. I cant help that this is a brand I love and it just so happens that there products are amazing! A lot of people rave about this concealer and I do love it, which is why its in this months favourites. But I'm not keen on using this under the eyes, like most people. I think the reason for this is the matte finish. I have tried this under my eyes with another product, that was more illuminating than concealing and I did enjoy using it this way, especially because it wont settle into fine lines. But for me I prefer using it for imperfections. This is a concealer that's great at covering anything. This concealer is buildable, has even coverage, leaves a demi-matte finish and is lightweight. I find that any red patches or flaws that manage to show through the naked skin one & done foundation, can be concealed by this. I found this matches the foundation shade I have perfectly and blends seamlessly, which is why I love using these two together.

Cynthia Rowley - Eyeliner
It's very rare that I use anything other than liquid liner to line my eyes. But lately I've been using a pencil liner for a more softer look at work. I've got quite a few black liners in my collection and this has been the one I've ended up reaching for all month. That's because this is very black in colour and is very creamy. This liner is so creamy that it doesn't drag on the eyelids. No matter how cold it is in my dressing room, this liner is always creamy enough not to drag on my eyelids. This can be smudged out really nicely too, to give that very black line, a softer look. But once this has set down it wont budge or smudge, until you remove it with make-up remove of course.
I love Lord & Berry's matte lipstick crayons. I really do need to purchase some more. I own this one called intimacy, which is a purple nude and a bright red one called kiss. I've really been into purple shades in January and this shade is perfect. It isn't an in your face, hello I'm purple shade. Its more of a subtle soft mauve colour. As you know I'm all about that matte lip, so I was bound to have a matte lip product in my favourites. This one is long lasting but you don't have to worry about this drying your lips out, as it has a nourishing formula. 
My last favourite of the month and a product you may recognise from this months Glossybox vs Birchbox post, is this gentle cleanser. I've not really heard of the brand before trying it in my Glossybox and I don't believe you can buy this in the UK. So I'm thank full for a full sized sample of this product, because I freaking love this. This removes all traces of make-up so quick, there is no need for harsh rubbing. This dissolves mascara so quickly and leaves my face feeling so clean and fresh afterwards. This is very gentle and can be used on sensitive skin, it's so gentle that it can be used on the eyes and not have to worry about it stinging them. 

What product have you been most obsessed with this month?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me