River Island Haul

You may remember me mentioning in my last clothing haul post, that there was a dress I had tried on and loved, but it just didn't fit me quite right in my usual size. Well I ended up looking on-line to see if they had a smaller size in stock and to my surprise they did. In my search for this dress I ended up coming across many other items that were in the sale, that I hadn't seen in-store and were surprisingly still in stock, in my size. It would have been rude not to order them and at least try them on. right? I ended up buying four items in total, which were all dresses. I never thought for one second that I would love them all and end up keeping all four, but I did and here's what I ended up buying.


First up is the dress that caused this spending spree. This is a black shift dress, which I picked up in a size 6 and fits so much better than the 8. This dress has a chiffon lace fabric, with a frill layer across the chest. Its got a round neckline, long sleeves and loop back fastenings. This dress is so me! My wardrobe is mostly filled with black and shades of grey so there is no surprise for me picking a black dress. The lace as you may know is something I'm obsessed about. The frill layer across the chest is perfect for my body shape as I'm small up top, so this helps to give the illusion of a bigger chest. This should have cost £45 and I don't know if I would have paid that for this dress, if I'd seen it in-store full price. But the £20 sale tag is something I was very happy paying. I've already worn this out with little black ankle boots and I know my over the knee black boots will also look great with this.


The next dress is another black lace dress, see I told you I'm obsessed with lace. This is a dress that I've had my eye on for a while. I've had this saved in my wish list on Asos for quite a while. This originally started at £65, which is why I was hesitant about buying it. I had no idea that this had gone in the sale, but that's because I was looking out for it on the wrong site. Its still not in the sale on Asos yet! If I hadn't gone online to look for the dress above, I would have most likely missed out on this. This had been marked down twice by the time I snapped it up, going from £65 down to £30 and then again down to £25. A definite bargain there! It has a lace fabric, with a fitted waist, plunge back and exposed zip at the back. It has short sleeves, frill layers to the skirt and has cut out sections on the waist and cleavage. It reminds me so much of the self portrait dresses.


I don't know If I had my eyes shut throughout November and December, as this is another dress that I never saw in the shops. This is a navy check pleated dress. The fabric is almost silky feeling and is pleated. The dress has a lace high neck, cap sleeves and trim. It has a cinched in waist, loop back fastenings and is mid length. I picked this up in a size 8, which fits perfectly. I know I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this and cant wait to style this up. This should have cost £38, but I managed to buy it for £15.


Lastly this dress is completely different from the other three, its not black and there is no lace in sight. I know crazy right? This is a bright pink strappy skater dress. Skater dresses are something I really love, they suit my shape well. They hug your waist and flare out on the hips, hiding any insecurities you may have about your mid section. The fabric is soft, almost scuba like material. The straps cross over at the back and are quite elasticated. It has a plunging v-neck and a hidden zip up the side. I picked this up in a size 8, which fits great but I'm just a little worried about the chest area. As the straps are elasticated I don't want to show off too much, so I'm going to get the straps taken up slightly. This should have been £45 and was reduced to £20. This will be perfect for summer nights out, holidays and any summer weddings I may have to attend. 

In total I ended up spending £80 on four dresses, which I think is amazing especially from River Island. The total before sale would have been £193, so I saved myself quite a bit of money! 

What's your favourite dress out of the four?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere on on bloglovin, to stay up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me