Declutter Part 2

In January I wrote a post all about de-cluttering my make-up. Due to it being so big I ended up doing it in two parts. In part one I talked all about the products I had decided to get rid of, to do with the face. Now its time for the eye and lip products to be cleansed. So as promised here's part two of my de-clutter series.

I'll start with eye shadows first. I actually decided to get rid of four eye-shadow palettes. Yes that's right, I did say four. 

The first palette and the one I think most people will be shocked about is from Urban Decay, its the book of shadows vol 1. Never in a million years would I ever think that I would get rid of an Urban Decay palette. But I'm not removing it from my collection because I don't like the product, you should all know me well enough by now to know how much I love their eye-shadows. So let me explain myself. When I looked through all my Urban Decay eye-shadow palettes, this one was one that I didn't really reach for any more. I realised that's because most of the other palettes I own, either have exactly the same colour in it or very similar shades. Looking at them all, I realised that I really didn't need this palette and a family member or friend would definitely benefit from this palette more than I would. 

The next two palettes I got rid of,  I would call more disposable palettes. That's only due to the price tags. These palettes are from MUA. Ones called heaven and earth, which is the nude palette and the other is called glitter ball, which is the bright shimmery palette. I didn't buy the two MUA palettes myself, they came in a Glossybox. There quite good actually, they cost £4 and have 14 shades, have great pigmentation and blend really well together. I actually took them on holiday with me because I wasn't bothered if these broke on the journey, for £4 there's just no need to worry. Hence my disposable term for these palettes. If I enjoyed using them and the colours that they have to offer, then why am I getting rid of them? Well again, I have many similar eye-shadow palettes that I just reach for more. So after my holiday these just sat and collected dust. I would rather someone I know get use out of these products than them just sitting in my collection, until I go away again.

The last palette that I've purged is from Soap and Glory. I received this palette in a 2015 Christmas set. Again the eye-shadows were really nice and I enjoyed using the palette, while I was into it. But again it sat there after a few months just collecting dust because I'm too in love with some of my other palettes, that have just as nice or better shades in them. I will be offering this to my family and friends too, so that someone can get some good use out of it. 

I used to love loose eye-shadows, they were some of my favourite eye-shadows to use. But that was when I was a teenager for crying out loud. Most of these single eye-shadows have been in my collection since I was in my teens. I just don't use them, I don't like the overly shimmery look on my eyes any more. A bit of shimmer is fine, but I'm not into the over the top sparkle fest on my eyes. A few of these loose shadows have come from beauty boxes and a few are from my teenage years.

First up is the two Bellapierre loose shadows. This is a brand that I received in my Glossybox. One is called bubblegum and is pink in colour, but when applied its an overly shimmery white. This is one that I don't really like, its far too shimmery. The second is called whesek, which is a dark blue grey. I do really like the shade of this, but again its far too shimmery and far too messy for me. 

Barry M dazzle dust, I have the shade 15 which is a teal colour. I've had this since I was in my teens, but it has good memories for me, which is why its took so long for me to get rid. I used this to do my make-up for my prom, hence the good memories. But a photo holds just as good a memory and that takes up less room. I like the colour of this, but again far too shimmery and messy for me. 

Alima pure in the shade Paris, which is a light silver colour. This came in a Glossybox. Although the shade of this was nice and it wasn't as shimmery as some of the others. I still know it will never get used and so to the purge pile for this little shadow. 

Collection 2000 dazzle me in the shade fairy dust, which is purple. Back when collection was still called collection 2000, that should defiantly give away how long I've had this. Yes, since my teenage years! This is actually more powder than shimmer, its a very nice shade and I do love it. But I've just as great purple shades in my palettes, that wont cause me so much mess.

Benefit lust duster. I have two of these one is called nugget, which is a light gold and the other is called snow bunny, which is white. I don't even think benefit sell these any more. These were purchased in my late teens. I loved using nugget over a eye-shadow cream and using snow bunny in the corner of my eye to make it pop.These were actually really nice loose shadows, they had just the right amount of powder to glitter ratio. Still had good shimmer, but not over the top. I'm getting rid of these though, as I know they will continue to sit there collecting dust. 

17 eye dazzle in the shade fancy free, this is a coppery shade. A shade I used to adore again in my late teens. It's a very subtle colour and shimmer, which is why I liked it so much. 

I've basically cleared out my loose eye-shadow collection. They were good because they came in amazing colours, lasted you ages as you only needed the smallest bit. But they were so bad because your would always end up with shimmery fall out all over your face and the mess if you accidentally knocked one over. There definitely not me any more and there's no point holding on to products you just don't use any more. 

Lastly in the far corner is a single eyeshadow from Urban Decay. This is one of their deluxe eye shadows in the shade heat, which is red. Yes I have a red eyeshadow. This is one of those, what where you thinking when you bought that products. Of all the shades I could have chose, I chose red. I could have chose a nice blue like my sister, but no I had to have red. Its my favourite colour you see, but its not a great colour on my eye lids. I found the only time I used this was at Halloween, to do scary vampire eyes. To be quite honest I don't think any family member or friend will even want a red eyeshadow. So this will most likely be relegated to the bin. 

Next up we have mascara's. I have removed two from my collection. These are Soap and Glory's thick&fast and Icona milano. Both of these I have removed from my collection as they have been sat in my draw for 8months to a year. I didn't really use them a lot, as I had other mascaras that were much better at the time. Your supposed to get rid of your mascara at the 6 month mark, so I didn't want to risk using these when I know they've been opened for around 8months plus. Its just not worth risking irritating my eyes. 

Lastly for the eyes is two make-up brushes. One from marsk and the other from cosmopolitan. They are both flat shadow brushes that are great to use with loose eye-shadows. But seen as I've cleared my collection of loose shadows, I didn't see the need to keep the brushes. They will never get used. 

I know this has been a long post, but were on the home straight now. The last four products to talk about, which are lipsticks. These are all lipsticks that I didn't really think suited me that well. I never reached for them, as I had other lipstick that looked better on me.

The first one is a 100% pure, its a pure fruit pigmented lip glaze. This came in my Birchbox and sounded amazing. Its packed with natural fruit and veg that nourish the lips. My lips did feel amazing when using this, they were kept well hydrated. But the shade of this lipstick was just not quite right for me.

Next we have two from Max Factor, their colour elixir range. A pink called English rose and a brown pink called raisin. These were both creamy, pigmented and nourishing on the lips. But they had a slight shimmer to the colour and I didn't like that look on my lips. 

The last lipstick and the last product from my de-clutter is from Maybelline. Its one of their super stay lipsticks in the shade, stay with me coral. This was in a gift bag from a hen do I attended, so it wasn't something I picked for myself. Although I liked the colour, I didn't really like it on my lips. 

I hope you've enjoyed this little de-clutter series and hopefully it will inspire you to go through your make-up collection and de-clutter your stuff. 

Let me know if you do have a de-clutter and find any 'what was I thinking' products like I did.

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me