Valentines Inspired Make-Up

I've created two looks that I think are perfect for valentines, one is more of a soft look which features shades of purple and the other look is your more bold traditional valentines make-up. Both of these looks, I created to go with my valentines outfit post that went up on Friday. Both the looks are quick and easy to do and they both feature matte shadows from my new favourite palette, which you may have seen in my January favourites.

Look One - Soft Mauve 

This is one of those looks that can be worn any time. Its the kind of look I go for daily, just with brown shades usually than purples. This is perfect for anyone that wants to go for a more natural glowy understated look.


My base starts off with Urban Decay's naked skin one&done, this is the ultimate lightweight foundation. It blurs imperfections, makes skin glow and overtime improves skin. To conceal any redness that has managed to show through, I used Urban Decay's naked concealer. For under my eyes I use Maybelline's fit me concealer, this is great at concealing and brightening. To lock that all into place I use Rimmel's stay matte powder, this keeps any shine at bay and sets my base in place. My bronzer is the cult classic Benefit hoola. The blusher is Benefit's thrrrob which is a pink/purple shade, perfect for my soft mauve look. 


My eyes always start with Urban Decays eye shadow primer, there is no other primer quite like this one. The eyeshadow palette I used is my new all time favourite Urban Decay naked ultimate basics palette. The shades I used out of this were tempted, instinct, lethal and blow. I lined my eyes very softly with the Cynthia Rowley black liner, this is creamy and smudges easily. I primed my lashes with Urban Decays subversion and topped that off with Benefit's bad gal mascara. I filled and shaped my brows with Benefits Ka-brow. To finish off my look I used Lord&Berry's maxi matte lip pencil in the shade intimacy, which is a nude mauve. 

Look Two - Classic Red

This look is one I wish I wore more often! I love a red lip and there no better time to rock a red lip than on valentines. This look is more for those who want to be bold and add the extra sexiness to their look.


This time I'm starting my base off with Tarte's rain forest of the sea foundation. This is a full coverage hydrating foundation, that's still lightweight. I used the same two concealers and setting powder from the first look, for exactly the same reasons. My bronzer again was the cult classic Benefit's hoola. The blusher I chose is by Nars in the shade orgasm, a perfectly named blusher for valentines. For this look I used a highlighter from Nars called albatross, to give my skin a golden glow. 


As I said, my eyes always start the same with Urban Decay's primer potion. I followed this up with the same Urban Decay naked ultimate basics palette, but this time just using two shades called nude and lockout. I wanted a very lightly done smokey eye to compliment my bold lip and winged liner. To get that winged look, I used Kat Von D's tattoo liner in the shade trooper. I also used Soap&Glory's smoulder Kohl on my waterline, to define my eyes even more. I prepped my lashes again with Urban Decay's subversion, then pumped my lashes up to the extreme with Too Faced, better than sex mascara. I filled and shaped my brows using the same Benefit ka-brow gel. Lastly to complete my look I used a mega matte red lipstick from Urban Decay in the shade 714, its from the collaborated line with Gwen Stefani. If its got the ultimate red lip wearers approval, then you know its gonna be a good red.

I hope you liked both of these looks, there completely different from each other but they are both perfect for valentines. 

Let me know which look was your favourite?

ReRe

Follow me on twitter @makeupbyrere and on bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me