Celebrating Birthdays

Friday was my Husbands birthday, usually we're away for his birthday. This time we're off away a bit later in the year than usual. I wanted to make sure I made a lot of fuss for this birthday, even though Paul said he wasn't that bothered about his birthday. His previous birthdays have been spent in some amazing places, such as the Grand Canyon in Vegas and universal studios in La. This year I had to be sneaky, I wanted to surprise him with a birthday cake. I love baking cakes, but I don't think I've ever made him a birthday cake. But that's due to us usually being away. Paul absolutely loves Star Wars, so I really wanted to construct some kind of Star Wars cake. Luckily for me Paul was working late night on the Wednesday and Thursday. This gave me time to be sneaky and bake him a cake he would have longed for as a child.

On the morning of his birthday I went down to make breakfast like I usually do, while he gets ready for work. But instead of our usual boring breakfasts, I made him his favourite - Eggy bread! I made sure that when he finally came down stairs he would be greeted with his favourite breakfast, surprise cake and his presents and cards all set out on the table.

We celebrated with the rest of our family and friends on Saturday at a local restaurant called Relish. We ate lots of tasty food, drank a few drinks, had lots of laughs and played a game of guess the celebrity's age. Which I actually wasn't too bad at when I made an effort to make a real guess, rather than just blurt out any old age. This birthday wasn't going to live up to his birthday at Vegas in the Grand Canyon, but what can? He definitely enjoyed his birthday and he absolutely loved his presents and cake.

Here's some photos of the birthday celebrations and what I wore to Paul's birthday meal. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos of the food, I was just far too hungry and ended up delving into my food before I even remembered to take a photo. But everything was delicious and was well presented. If your interested I had pate for starters that was served on brioche bread, chicken and chorizo tagliatelle and I shared a dessert with my mum, which was a peanut stack! 








My outfit for the evening was very simple, but I though it still looked dressed up enough for the meal. It wasn't exactly a warm day, in fact it was quite chilly! Which as you can see made a big impact on what colours I chose to wear. I was hoping for some sunshine, so I could wear a bright dress. But the cold weather made me run back and hide in my favourite black Topshop Joni jeans. My top is a from Miss Selfridge, its quite an old top but its a classic top that's just stayed in my collection and the colour of it (nude) just goes with everything. This top is a peplum style, its quite tight fitting around the chest and top of the stomach. But at the bottom its flares out in the classic flattering peplum shape, which I actually think accentuates my bum! My shoes again are another staple in my wardrobe. These are black caged sandals from River Island, these have quite a low heel so there perfect to wear for long periods of time. 

What's the best birthday you've had?

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me