June Favourites

If you read the What I Wore June post, you will have seen that June has been a busy month. I've had birthdays, meals out and BBQ's to attend. Basically every single weekend we've had something planned, so I've been applying a bit more make-up than normal this month. My base has stayed the same throughout the last couple of months, its the eyes that I've really been playing around with. If you want to know what I've been using for my base pretty much since April, then check out my Instagram. Anyway as I was saying, I've been playing around with colour on my eyes. Mainly the colour of my liner. I've been a bit bored lately with black liner and with the beautiful weather its just made me want a bright pop of colour on my eyes. 

So if you've not guessed by now, all five of this months favourites are for the eyes. Lets get started shall we...



These don't usually come in trio's, in fact this little trio is from a bigger 10 shade palette. I got this little trio as a sample out of one of my Birchbox's. These are very pigmented and the colours are very pretty. But this month I've been particularly loving the middle shade in this trio. Its a rose gold colour, that's shimmery and just a very pretty colour. I've been using this pretty much everyday for work, all over my eye lid and smoking it out slightly with a matte brown.



Maybelline's eye tattoos are great cream shadows that are long lasting, pigmented and can also be used as liner. Which is how I've been using this one. I have blue eye and this really made my eyes appear brighter and made the colour of my eyes pop even more. With it being a cream formula it's super easy to apply and dried down quite quick so it didn't budge. The 24hr lasting formula held up well all day and even lasted in the crazy warm weather we've had in the UK.



Another colourful liner, I did tell you I'd been playing around with coloured liners. I love all of the Urban Decay 24/7 liners they're creamy and glide on really nicely. They're also long lasting and have great pigmentation. This one is in an emerald green but I own these in purple, bronze, brown, electric blue and turquoise colours too. It's just been really nice to brighten up my eyes with a pop of colour and be able to do it in a couple of minutes. It's also the easiest way to wear a pop of colour in the day without feeling too over the top



Like I said, I'm very bored of black liner at the moment. For work I've been applying a brown liner for a much more subtle and softer look. Which is way more perfect for work than a hard black line. It looks really nice with the eyeshadow look I've been doing for work, which consists of the rose gold shadow all over the lid and matte brown in the outer corner. This is no way near as creamy as the Urban Decay liners. But I've found if you warm it up on the back of your hand first, it applies much better and doesn't drag on the lid. As the name suggest (24hr waterproof liner) this is a long lasting liner, which ideal for long hours at work.



This is the perfect mascara for natural looking lashes, it gives length and a nice curl to them. Its been my go to mascara for day looks. The plastic wand grabs on to each and every lash separating them and evenly coating them.

Have you been adding a pop of colour into your summer make-up? 
Let me know if you have and where you've been adding that pop of colour.


ReRe


Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me