Summer Essentials

We all have those products that become our trusted go to products for a particular season. We've been having glorious weather here in the UK so far, so I thought there's no better time to share with you what my go to products are for the summer than now! Here's my summer essentials....


Skincare



A body lotion with self tanner, so you can keep your body hydrated whilst also giving it a golden glow. This is great for extending your existing tan or to gain a golden glow. It may seem strange that I'm fair skinned and have gone for the medium to dark bottle. Well this is supposed to be a gradual tan that you build up every time your moisturise. I don't have time for that! Plus I didn't see much difference in the colour of my skin either, so I got quite bored of applying it. This one however I can put it on before bed and wake up with a golden sun-kissed glow,  after one application. This is an essential on my legs as I loose my tan here the fastest, due to shaving my legs. 


I keep my face well shaded from the sun when I'm on holiday, I usually have a hat on or sunglasses that shade my face so I can read my book. I also wear a high SPF when on holiday and use a moisturiser with SPF in it too. I do this to protect my skin from the UV rays, so that I can slow those wrinkles down. By doing this it means that my face doesn't tan, so I like to use this face tanner to gain a sun-kissed glow. This becomes a summer essential to help make sure my face and neck match the rest of my tanned body. Its very easy to use as well, you just apply to your face like normal moisturiser at night and wake up with a golden glow. Its not too obvious the first time either, as it is a gradual tan. Applying it twice weekly though ensures you get that glow.


A body scrub that has a fruity lime scent, you don't get more summery than a zesty scent. If you want to keep dry skin at bay and ensure that your tan applies evenly, then exfoliation is a must. Any exfoliator will do, but I personally love this one as the scent just reminds me of summer and it exfoliates the skin well without being too harsh


This is an SPF for your face that's non greasy and doesn't clog pores. This has an SPF 45, which is very high and means its perfect to use at home or abroad. This is applied before moisturiser, so it doesn't matter if your moisturiser has SPF in it. This is an essential for me on holiday! I don't tend to use this at home, as I do find that the SPF15 that's in my moisturiser is enough. But I wouldn't go on holiday without this bottle of protection.


Not only does our face need protecting from the sun, but our lips do too. We often forget that our lips can burn so I like to use this in the summer. It has SPF 15, keeps the lips moisturised and is a nude shade. That means it can be applied easily for day to day wear or over the top of a lipstick to give protection and a glossy sheen.

Beauty



I've fallen in love with this primer this summer. I get quite oily skin and I usually use the normal porefesional one. But I've found this to be nice to use in the summer as its a gel, which is more cooling on the skin. It sinks into the skin quickly minimising pores, keeping make-up on for longer and oiliness at bay. This is a must for hot sunny days.


I've spoke about this foundation quite a bit, I have a full review here. This is perfect for summer days, its a light to medium coverage foundation. That gives a dewy glow to the skin, which is perfect for the summer. It's a quick foundation to apply with a beauty sponge, giving you great looking skin without the effort and in minimal time. 


Like I said I get quite oily skin around the T-zone especially in the summer. This is another product that is a must in the summer for me. It ensures shine stays away, but it also makes pores appear as though they have vanished. Leaving your skin looking flawless.


This is a creamy golden highlighter. I just love a golden highlight in the summer and this has been a long standing favourite of mine for quite a few years now. I'm not a big fan of cream products, but this one is perfect. Its not too creamy that you end up applying too much, but its creamy enough to be applied easily without disturbing the foundation.


You may have read in my June Favourites how I've got a bit bored of black liners and have being loving bold colourful liners instead. Summer is about being colourful to me and these liners are perfect for adding that pop of colour to the eye, but without being over the top. These pencils are really creamy and are long lasting.


Sticking on the subject of bright colours, another place I love to add a pop of colour to is my nails. I've really been enjoying this bring Cerise pink colour. This brand is gentle on the nails and they have just about every colour you could wish for. There long wearing and have great pigmentation, perfect for lasting on your nails while your on holiday.


Hair/Body




I hardly ever dry or style my hair on a beach holiday, I get too hot and my hair ends up all over the place from the humidity. So I tend not to bother spending my time styling it. This product is a holiday and summer essential. For days where I really cant be doing with styling or drying my hair I use this sea salt spray. It helps to bring out my natural wave in my hair, it keeps the frizz away whilst also keeping my hair hydrated. 


I bought this perfume in the airport on the way to Hawaii. Now all this perfume reminds me of is beautiful sandy beaches and happy memories. This has a wonderful sweet fruity scent that's not too overpowering. I find that this is perfect for summer and I can see this being a summer essential for a long time


I hope you enjoyed today's post. I like seeing what other peoples summer essentials are, in the hopes of finding more great summer products. Hopefully I've helped you discover some new products that cold become your summer essentials. 
Let me know below what your summer essentials are or better yet leave me a link to go read yours!

ReRe

If you want to see what I've been wearing lately then check that out here.
Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin, to keep up with new blog posts. I post every Monday and Friday, so be sure to check back then.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me