Decluttering The Hair Draw

In a previous post I did a review on the Garnier ultimate blends hair oil, if you haven't read it yet go and check it out after you've read this. In that post I went on about how much I loved the product and how I was probably going to have to clear through my hair draw, as it made a lot of my other hair care products redundant. The title of this post does give it away, but if you haven't guessed I went through my hair draw and cleared all the products out, that I will no longer use or need thanks to my new favourite hair oil.

I was very brutal with my hair care products and got rid of quite a lot. I did keep a few products that were similar, but that's due to them being travel sizes and thought it would a good idea to keep them for future trips away.


Getting rid of this first product has nothing to do with the Garnier hair oil, but the rest of the products that I've got rid of have everything to do with that oil! I'm getting rid of this texturizing salt spray as I have one that I love by Parlor, which helps give beachy waves but moisturises hair. I find that this one by Schwarzkopf dries my hair out, which is the reason I've switched to the moisturising one by Parlor and why this one is leaving my collection.


This is a hair primer that's frizz fighting. It helps set the foundation for long lasting uniform style. Frizz should be eliminated and hair should look smoother with every use. I gave the product a good months use to really try it out. To be quite honest I didn't see any difference in regards to frizziness of my hair. It didn't look any worse but it also didn't look any better. I have quite frizzy hair, its a wavy frizzy mess at times. I was looking forward to trying this out and I liked the idea of the more you used it the better your hair looked. Unfortunately this product didn't work out for me and the Garnier hair oil does fight frizz much better than this.


This should give the smoothest, glossiest frizz free finish, whilst also protecting hair against heat. This is a good product, I did really like using this. I've had this for what feels like forever though. I only tend to use it when I blow dry my hair, due to it having heat protectant in it. But I don't often blow dry my hair, I prefer to let my hair naturally dry overnight. I find this keeps heat damage down and also means I don't have to sit there for over half an hour, while I dry my hair. I think one of my family members or friends would get better use out of this product as it is good. I would rather someone else get better use out of this than it sit in my hair draw collecting dust. Besides the Garnier hair oil protects against heat, up to 230 degrees so I'm covered in that department.


This smooths, adds shine and protects hair. Its great for medium and course hair that's curly or has a frizzy texture. I have far too many frizz fighting hair creams and oils, so I don't feel like I need another one. I know its a miniature size, so it would be good for travelling but I already have some good miniature's that I love. This will come in handy for a friend or family member though as one thing this product also does that a lot of my others don't, is protect your hair from sun damage. Its a perfect holiday product.


A non-greasy oil that smooths, tames and adds shine to hair. It can be used pre-wash, post wash and post style. Basically it does everything that the Garnier Oil does, but the Garnier oil does more and does it better. I've had this for quite a while and the bottle had gotten a little bit disgusting and the bottle now leaks. With the bottle leaking I think it would be best that this went in the bin, rather than give it to someone else.


Lastly is this light weigh hair oil, which adds shine and smooths hair. It also helps to protect and rejuvenate coloured hair. This product isn't suited to me, I have other products that are much more suited to my hairs needs. I don't colour my hair so instantly I think this would be better off with my mum, as she does colour her hair and it would help protect her hair much better. 

All of the products here will be given to family or friends, as they will get some better use out of these products than I can. Apart from the Schwarzkopf got2b hair oil which will be going in the bin. Hopefully I will save them some money on hair care and they may even find some products that work better for their hair than it did for mine.

When's the last time you cleared your hair care products out? I bet you've got lots of similar products.

ReRe

Follow me in Instagram, Twitter, LookerHQ and Bloglovin, to keep up to date with all things blog related.

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I've never seen a salt spray before- I am intrigued and must give it a try!
    xx
    Courtney || https://courtneylivin.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are good, especially if u already have a slight wave to ur hair. It helps enhance ur natural wave with out all the frizz. It tends be the only thing I use on my hair when I'm on holiday x

      Delete

Instagram

Follow Me