Blogmas Day 11 - Beauty Empties

This is the second part, to my three part empties this month. As I said in the first empties post (Blogmas Day 2), which was all my hair empties. I get two subscription boxes a month, in these boxes you get a few full sized products but you mostly get lots of sample products. So I've ended up with lots of mini products that needed using up. I also had lots of half used products that really needed finishing. This meant I had far too many empty products to put in one post and that's the reason I decided to split it into three. The first one was hair and that went up on day 2, today's is beauty and the third is going to be skincare.

So lets get into beauty empties....

This should instantly blur imperfections and even out skin tone. This combines the benefits of a sheer foundation with the coverage of a tinted moisturiser. Over time this foundation should also make pores appear smaller, skin appear firmer and radiant. It also importantly has SPF20 in it too.
I really liked this foundation at the beginning. I thought it lasted well and made my face look radiant and look flawless. But towards the end of using this foundation I decided I didn't quite like it as much as I did in the beginning. I found I could only really use this foundation around spring time. I have combination skin, so in the summer this melted off my face and in the winter it clung to my dry patches and didn't give me enough coverage. But it was perfect for those spring months where my skin is in a more normal state and doesn't need too much coverage.
I wouldn't buy this foundation again just because I feel restricted to when I can use it.

This mascara has a volumising formula with a built in lash curler power, which builds a dramatic curl that should last all day.
Again I really liked this product at the beginning, but didn't like it towards the end. Usually mascara at the beginning can be too wet and be difficult to apply. This one wasn't! It was perfect to use straight away. It applied amazingly, separated lashes, gave incredible volume and really gave them a great curve. But this mascara dried out so quickly. After just over a months use, I found it ended up clumping my lashes together and wasn't giving the great curve to my lashes that it did in the beginning. It's only a drug store mascara so buying a fresh one every two months isn't going to break the bank and they do say you need to change your mascara every 3 months.
Would I buy this one again? Yes I suppose I would as I did really like it, its a great cheap mascara.


This contains tiny micro fibres that adhere to skin and hairs, which create a natural-looking fullness and definition that's water resistance and long wearing.
Benefit do great brow products this and the ka-brow are my favourite brow products. I love the tiny brush on this product, it allows for precise application of the gel to your brows. Its long lasting, gives a natural look and its super quick to apply.
I will definitely be repurchasing this brow product.

An instant oil-blotting stick that mattifies shine for up to six hours after application. The specially designed triangle tip allows you to target areas, like the side of your nose.
The porefessional range is one of my fave benefit ranges by far. All the porfessional products I really enjoy, apart from this one. This is the only product that I don't get on with. I've tried using it multiple times and I just don't like the feeling of it on my skin and I don't really see much of a difference with my oiliness too.
I wont be re-buying this product, but there is many more products in this range that I would.


This should conceals flaws, imperfections and blemishes for up to 16 hours.
Everyone really loves this concealer and for how cheap this product is I really wanted to love it myself. Unfortunately I found it too drying. Which isn't great when applying to blemishes, as they are already quite dry so applying this on top didn't help disguise mine. I also didn't like this under my eyes, it creased quickly. 
Others rave about this and for the price I'd definitely give it a go, as it might work for your skin type. But its not one for me so I wont be re-buying this.

Have you been disappointed by a product everyone raved about?

Don't forget to keep an eye out for the next empties post on skincare, later on in Blogmas.

ReRe

Follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Bloglovin to keep up with this years Blogmas.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me