Blogmas Day 9 - Morning Skincare Routine

I'm not one for changing up my skincare routine, when I find something I like and its working I stick with it. What's the point in messing with something when it works, I also don't want to end up trying a product that will enrage my skin. I believe I spoke about my morning skincare routine last blogmas, but since then it has changed quite a bit for me. With turning 27 this year and getting closer to 30 (eek) I'm more concerned about wrinkles, so I wanted to add a few things into my routine that would help keep the wrinkles at bay and keep me looking younger for longer.

I start off as usual with my Simple skincare. I use the Simple eye make-up remover, to remove any leftover eye make-up. It also helps to wake my eyes up in the morning, as its very refreshing. This formula has no artificial perfume and no harsh chemicals, its perfect for sensitive skin.

Then I move onto the Simple soothing facial toner. Again it has no harsh chemicals, perfume and its 100% alcohol free. This is perfect for cleansing and refreshing my face in the morning. 

Next I move onto eye cream, I used to apply eye cream after serums and before my moisturiser. But I read one of Caroline Hirons Blog posts on skincare and she said it was best to apply eye cream before serums and moisturiser. As no matter how careful you are with serums and moisturises, you will end up getting some on the eye area, meaning your eye cream wont absorb properly.

The eye cream I'm using is by Hylamide, its called SubQ eye. Its actually a high strength serum that re-hydrates the fragile eye area. It also improves the look of fine lines, crows feet, puffiness and dark circles. I feel I've noticed a difference using this product and I love how quick this sinks into my skin. 

The serum I'm using is by The Ordinary its called Buffet. This formula combines an array of technologies that target multiple signs of ageing. It also hydrates and promotes collagen synthesis. Since using this serum I've noticed a real difference in my skin. My skin is more hydrated, plumper and looks brighter. 

Lastly is my moisturiser. This is the only thing that I do change quite often in my routine. At the moment I'm using Figs and Rouge Hydra-Activ Smart Nutrient Day cream. This cream is designed to help moisturise, repair and support skins cellular matrix. Which helps promote skins natural repair system. This smells wonderful, it sinks into my skin quickly and leaves my skin feeling soft. What's also great about this moisturiser is that it adjusts moisture absorption in the skin relating to the season and climate.

Do you change your skincare routine up often? 
Have you found any new skincare hero products?

ReRe

Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin to keep up with this years Blogmas.

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram

Follow Me